Chapter 30 - Our Secret

December 25th, 2005

'According to what Takemicchi saw in the future, if Hanma really was frantic when Kisaki was trying to kill me.. if he was really on my side.. then maybe.. I can get him to be on my side right now instead of just in the future..'

Aoi thinks to herself while walking around the dark alleys close to the church where Black Dragons and Toman were having their battle. 

'By now, Hanma and Kisaki must have already betrayed Takemicchi and Chifuyu.. I need to find Hanma when he's alone..'

As she was looking around the alleys, she didn't notice a boy in the back who had recognised her from afar.

Hanma was walking around town after betraying the Toman members. After having talked to Kisaki, he was looking for some thugs to beat up in the narrow alleys because he was bored. 

'So dull~ I can't even see one puny gangster to beat up.' Hanma thinks to himself but soon notices a figure in the front.

Finally having seen a human walking around and being excited to beat them up, he walks toward the person only to stop in his tracks when he realises something. 'A familiar looking purple hair.'

Feeling overly enthusiastic about this meeting, and especially interested in what Aoi was doing in the dark alleys, Hanma was about to call out to her when suddenly a drunk looking guy appears out of nowhere. He pulls Aoi by her hands, asking her to come with him to a 'club'.

Irked by the guy's behaviour, Hanma was about to interfere but he paused when he saw the scene in front of him.

Aoi took out her taser and in the lowest voltage, she zapped the guy with zero hesitation in her eyes. 

"AGHH!" The drunk guy screamed and was about to run away but Aoi caught hold of his arms. 

"I need to ask you something." She says in a calm voice, as if she didn't just zap him before. 

"W-What?!" He asks frightened. 

"Have you seen the 'Reaper' around here?" 

"R-Reaper?"

"You know, the one with tattoos on the back of his hands, Hanma Shuji?"

"I don't k-know anything!" The guy scurries away, removing his hands from Aoi's grip while Aoi just sighs at the sight of the drunk guy running off. All of a sudden, she hears a chuckle behind her.

Turning around, she comes face to face with the man she was looking for. 

"Hanma Shuji." She calls out while walking toward him.

With a slight smirk on his face, and his voice sounding ever so amused at the fact that the girl was looking for him, Hanma starts to speak to her.

"Isn't this the first time you called me by my nam-

The smirk on Hanma's face suddenly falters and he couldn't continue with his flirty remarks anymore.. when all of a sudden.. Aoi reached out her arms to place it gently on Hanma's cheeks.