X. (Part Two)

"No thanks

"No thanks."

You turned around immediately as soon as you saw the floating islands that archons know how they even managed to make such especially in a cave you thought was small but was actually a whole country inside.

"I don't think that's an option..." Lumine muttered as she looked back at the door that was once open but blocked off with an unknown force. Paimon stared in awe at the floating small island present in front of them.

There was a totem present infront of the three, it showed a pyro emblem which didn't actually help the three as none of them wield such element nor do one of them even wield a vision.

"So uhm... Do torches count?" (Y/N) questioned, Lumine looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and sighed, "I guess? We've gotten this already once but we had a vision bearer with us.."

"Surprisingly, it does.." the monument lit up the moment Lumine's torch made contact with it.

A rumble suddenly shook them off as seemingly out of nowhere, slimes started to appear.

With Paimon being the only source of comfort of (Y/N), the latter ofcourse grabbed onto the pixie and held it tightly while their blond partner fought off the slimes, it wasn't much of a hassle as they weren't mutated.

"Now that's what I call a surprise attack!" Paimon pried herself from the grip of the other girl and hovered close to Lumine. (Y/N) walked close to the blonde with a look of concern written all over her face.

Lumine knew what the latter was gonna ask so she put up her hand and shook her head, "I'm okay, no injuries, those were just puny slimes."

"Well, no, I was just gonna ask if those slimes are edible."

"Oh.."

Before they could even walk to another platform, a booming voice engulfed the place from nowhere. It was someone they couldn't see or at least not yet.

"... One senses the presence of Sigil of Permission. One does not know of your reasoning behind to seek an audience but do give One a reason as why One should be in your presence."

Just as sudden the voice appeared, it too disappeared into nothingness.

"Uhm.. What was that?"

Silent filled the area as the three stood on their places looking around searching the source of the voice but found no one who could be the speaker.

"Was that the adeptus?" Paimon inquired. Lumine was only able to give a small nod and a small noise as an answer. She slowly walked towards another platform looking at the translucent path that would lead to another small island.

Paimon followed along looking confused at the construction. "Is that safe?"

"Aren't you my guide?"