138

Lilith couldn't remember what happened afterwards. Her mind was completely shaken by the information fed to her. In the end she and Beatrice parted ways and Lilith returned to her Eternal Rose Palace. That night, she was paid a little visit by a certain gentleman. Fortunately for the man, Lilith's bedroom had a balcony as well.

On a starlit night, a silver-haired beauty looked down on the view of the sprawling garden of the Eternal Rose Palace, provided by the balcony as she went through her turbulent thoughts. Her fair white slender hands held a white coat over her thin nightgown, to shelter herself from the cold night's breeze. The distant sounds of crickets and the faint glow of fireflies merely enchanted the scenery before her that she couldn't help but sigh with admiration.

She then spotted a shadowy figure slowly and stealthily make their way to her. With powerful jumps. The figure held onto the railings and climbed up. For a moment Lilith was stunned and her already unsteady heart shook with fright. It took a second for her to identify the person and extinguish the flames of panic that blazed inside her chest a few seconds ago.

"You... If it weren't for me being familiar with this situation, I would've thought you were a thief!" Lilith exclaimed in a scolding manner. Was this man not aware of how alarming the scene of a shadowy figure climbing up one's balcony is!?

"Forgive me, Lily... I didn't mean to frighten you. I just missed you and decided to come." The man chuckled nervously as he pulled down the black hood that covered his obsidian black hair and revealed a pair of sapphire eyes that could bewitch any.

"If you wanted to come by, you could've just entered through the front doors like a normal person! If you were caught, I'm afraid my guards would lock you up to interrogate you..." Lilith raised her brows at him and rolled her eyes. Seeing her seemingly annoyed appearance, Charles should've felt at the very least slightly disheartened, but due to the faint blush on her cheeks, he wasn't affected in the slightest.

"But isn't it arriving like this more...romantic?" Charles gazed into her golden eyes suggestively.

"Well if we were lovers in some play, it would've. But in the real world, you look more like an assassin on the way to kill a beautiful and gorgeous young maiden!" The beauty pouted. She didn't seem to think referring to herself as 'a beautiful and gorgeous maiden' to be strange or shameless. As if it was only natural she is described that way.

"I wouldn't mind being your lover, Lily." He purposely teased whilst shortening their distance.

"I never said that...!" Lilith was unexpectedly attacked by the man's clever mouth and she shook her head stubbornly.

' Curse this man's sly tongue! '

"Don't look at me like that, Lily. If you keep glaring at me so cutely, I can't keep myself from teasing you even more..." He laughed inwardly. He stroked her head to calm the angered little wild cat, which only earned him an angry scowl from the provoked untamed cat. What the lady thought would be a threatening glare only appeared extremely adorable and lovable in the man's eyes.

"Okay, okay. I'll no longer come here in this way. It should be much simpler than sneaking in anyway. I was almost caught by the guards, how annoying. How dare they try to keep me away for you, Lily." He sulked unhappily.

"Doesn't that just mean the security of my palace is good? Hmph! You should be grateful those guards actually put effort in keeping me from getting secretly murdered." Lilith crossed her arms and smirked.

The two chatted and laughed together before the man had to return. After a pleasant time, Lilith went to sleep with a smile on her face.

***********