En Route

-3rd person POV-

"You two ever been to Germany?"  IQ asked through the comms.  The four were on their way for their mission, en route to Berlin.  Bandit had fallen asleep right away, and Caveira was beginning to wonder if that was so he could be able to skip IQ's rambling.  Sure, Caveira found IQ as a passionate young woman, but holy hell could she talk.

"Never"  Y/N answered.

"Well, you're in for a big treat!" 

"White Mask convoy transporting a very dangerous chemical substance.  Nice treat"  Caveira smirked.  IQ shrugged and chatted in German with Y/N.

"What's got you all sour?"  Bandit asked Caveira, waking from his hibernation.

"I'm mostly sour"  Caveira shrugged, not feeling like talking.

"Valid, but you seem...more sour"

"I dunno, maybe we're dealing with the stuff that made me and Y/N switch bodies!"  she hissed, more aggressive than she wanted it to be.  She caught this, and sighed.  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lash out, I just...I'm...

"Nervous?  Anxious?  A bit worried maybe?"  he supplied, to which she nodded.

"We know that just breathing the stuff makes us switch bodies.  If anything happens and we get that stuff on or in us...we become toys of the White Mask" 

"That's not gonna happen" Y/N spoke up, placing a hand on her shoulder.  Caveira saw the three of them giving her a warm, reassuring smile, and her worries disappeared a bit.  A tiny smile bore on her face as she leaned into Y/N.

"It better not" she spoke, yawning. 

She woke up sometime later.  How much time, she didn't know.  All she knew was that the pilot had radioed them that they were 15 minutes out from the LZ, and that they should be on guard.  Caveira took this as a possibility of a hot LZ, which she didn't mind, but in terms of the mission, wouldn't be good.  She stretched after her short slumber, and checked that her M12 and Luison were loaded and primed, and checked that she had all her gear and spare mags.  Once confirmed that all her stuff was in check, she leaned into Y/N for a bit of moral support.

"You worried?"  he asked her quietly, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah" she admitted, lifting off of him to look at him.  "If anything goes wrong-"

"Hey, I promise you, nothing will go wrong" he cut her off, drawing her in for a quick embrace.  She enjoyed the embrace, but it was short-lived, thanks to the pilot of the helicopter radioing that they were less than 5 minutes away.  The two broke apart and readied themselves, performing one last check of their weapons and gear, before sitting ready.

"Once we land, IQ and Eir will hop out and clear the LZ.  While they're doing that, Caveira and I will ready the equipment, and bring it out when LZ is clear.  Understood?" Bandit supplied, going over the plans for landing.  They all nodded in agreement, and Y/N and IQ primed their respective rifles, and grabbed hold of the heli's sliding doors, ready to jump out and light up any White Mask in sight.  Not a second after Caveira felt the bump of the helicopter land on the pad, IQ and Y/N had the doors open and were on the ground, weapons drawn and aimed.  After a few seconds, the radio calls came in.

"Eir, LZ left is clear of hostels" Y/N called in.

"IQ, LZ right is also negative for tangoes" IQ called in right after.  Caveira and Bandit hopped out on the side of their respective partners, and IQ and Y/N carried their weight in supplies.

"Is all this necessary?"  Y/N asked, hauling up a roll of road spikes.

"To stop this convoy, everything is necessary" Caveira said flatly, and started out from the helipad.

"What's got her worked up?" IQ asked as she and Bandit joined Y/N.

"What's on that convoy" Y/N spoke.  The three shared a mutual understanding, and took off after Caveira.