My Dad's Friend: 06

Getting off the plane, I filled in my lungs the fresh breeze I lacked from the plane. With a sigh, I threw my bag over my shoulder and began heading towards the exit.

I couldn't believe I was fucking doing this, a nineteen years old boy pulled out from school and flee half away across the country, from Los Angeles, California to Toronto, Canada for a stupid family meeting... pretty fun...I thought sarcastically.

Reaching the exit, I pushed the doors opened open and made my way out, the fresh breeze of Toronto caressed my cheeks, I instantly spotted my stepbrother Dean, two years younger than me with brown hair and green eyes, bolding stating the fact that we shared the same father...I tried my best not to roll my eyes as I walked over to him, resting against a black SUV, hands tucked into his sweatshirt and a pair of black pants.

"Hey Tristan" he put on the biggest and fakest smile I had ever seen as soon as I came in front of him, I returned the smile.

"Longest time Big Brother" he clasped me, my body jerked in shock as he had never for once embraced me, we had always made sure to keep the biggest distance between us, avoiding body contact with each other. "How was Los Angeles!" He grinned, catching me off guard with his sudden cheerfulness. "Come let's go, Mom and Dad are waiting to receive you home," he said again, his Canadian accent coming out as he opened the passenger side of the car.

Without saying a word, I slipped in and instantly put on my seat belt while he entered the driver's side and started the engine.

I stared out the window as the car moved, it had been a year and a half since I left home, nothing much had changed.

"You have no idea how happy I was knowing you're returning" he started conservation and I reeled at him weirdly. Did this guy hit his head or something because he seemed to be forgetting the fact that we had never and I mean never gotten along.

I recalled how our relationship had been, if we were not throwing punches and fists at each other, we were at each other's throat but here he was, acting as if nothing happened...I scoffed internally...two could play that game.

"Home was boring without you big brother!" He continued to grin while I stared at him weirdly before nodding.

Maybe he grew up and stopped acting like a freaking child that wanted everything I had...it was our biggest problem.  

I stared out the window again and the rest of the ride went by in complete silence... except for the annoying song that played on the radio.

****

"Tristan, Tristan, we were home" Dean's voice rang in my ears and I jerked awake startled. "Oops, sorry to scare you" he verbalized and went out of the car.

I took my bag and got out of the car and in front of me was a huge, palace-like mansion with a little flower garden, it was just as I remembered. And just then, the door opened and a woman with blonde hair and pale blue eyes, in a white dress came out, beaming widely as she came forward and embraced me tightly. She later withdraw and cupped both sides of my face, smiling broadly. 

"Hello Home Tristan,"  My stepmom said, Benita Jones.

"Thanks!" I responded bored, already wishing to return to where I came from.

"Come on, you must be tired, I have cleaned and arranged your room" she beamed and led me into the mansion.

The Montgomery family was one of the richest in Canada and they proudly showcased their wealth in every little thing.

****

Walking into my room, I sighed in content, everything was just as I remembered, nothing was out of place.

My room was plain simple with a large bed, a closet, a study desk at the corner, a flat-screen tv, a bathroom, and a door that led to the balcony.

Dropping my bag on the floor, I ran and jumped on my bed, loving the warmth, familiarity, and softness. 

Instantly I went over to my drawer and pulled out my old phone, I tried switching it on but it was completely drained, I went over to the charging port and plugged it in and it instantly came back to life.

I beamed as I thought of calling my best friend and roommate, I already missed Jarvis, I wondered what that idiot was doing without me, probably drooling about his unknown crush...I chuckled.

Just then, the door of my room opened and a little head peeked in, I chuckled as her little eyes scanned around the room till they landed on me.

"Tristan?" Her little voice came confusedly. Seemed like she has finally learned how to pronounce my name.

"Come out from there little Nut" 

She giggled before she entering into my room and ran happily into my awaiting arms and she giggled more as I spun her around in circles, I stopped and put her down.

"Did you miss me Little Nut?" I asked and she pouted.

"I am not little anymore, am already six years old!" She chipped in.

"Oh, my bad" I chuckled. Rose was four when I left and she was the closest person I had as a family. She had this curly brown hair and similar green eyes to me. "So you did not miss me?" I asked again, squatting to her level.

"Of course I did. You are so cruel. You never called" she pouted and nibbled her bottom lip....the cutest creature on earth.

"Am sorry about that but now that am home, I promise to make it up to you"

"Promise" she held up her little finger and we did a pinky promise.

"I promise little Nuts" I brushed my hand over her and she giggled, clapping her hands together.

"Tristan, your dad is here!"