Chapter 18 - She's One Of The Boys

Hi! Thank you to everyone for all the awesome support!! 1,000 fans, that's insane! lol

~ ~ Chapter Eighteen ~ ~

(Saxon’s POV)

The entire school is getting on my nerves about this flippin’ dance. It’s just a dance people! I didn’t even go last year, the boys and I went down to the shack by the lake and drank beer and fished all night. Dancing is not my thing.

Stopping outside the open classroom door, I looked in at Eva, she had her back to me and was talking loudly to Travis, waving her arms around and laughing – she is imitating something she did to Grant last class. Now, she is my thing and the small smile that formed on my lips was evidence of that.

Tearing my eyes away from her, I remembered yesterday, we actually had a fairly normal conversation and it made me feel weird inside. I enjoyed it. I’m going soft over a girl, well, not just any girl, my mate. If I keep up this obsession I’m going to end up changing for her and I didn’t get where I am today by being a big softy.

Could I possibly be both though? Keep my hard ass attitude that installs fear into everyone from just looking at me but be able to treat Eva the way my wolf wants to - succumb to her every wishes and demands – no matter how stupid I think they are?

I don’t know. I’ve been this way for too long, I don’t think I would even know how to be genuinely nice to someone.

“Ahhh, so our arrogant Alpha actually apologised to his fiery mate?”

Glancing up along the hallway I looked up at Chris casually leaning against a locker, glaring at him for actually saying that out loud, I made my way in his direction, not saying anything back as I leant against the lockers across the hall from him, folding my arms over my chest.

“So, when do you think you’re going to tell her?” he asked again, raising an eyebrow. This is why Chris and I have always gotten along, we don’t take crap from each other but even if we have a mass fight – it doesn’t affect anything and we still act the same. Neither of us has said anything about our last argument yet and we probably won’t.

“I’m not,” I muttered hotly.

When I smelt her on my land yesterday, I had to go check her out and see what she was up to but I had no intentions of doing anything to her, let alone letting her see me but my wolf pulled me closer and closer, I almost couldn’t control him but when she turned to run, I snapped and hurt her and boy the guilt I felt was so overwhelming it almost knocked me over!

I had this huge fool proof plan in place but changed it after Chris’s harsh words and decided to see how playing nice would work out for me but I can’t get closer to her if I’m just going to keep hurting her, even on accident. She is still clueless as to what she means to me and deep down, I don’t want to hurt her – emotionally or physically.

“Why? You can’t ignore it; it will just get worst if you do,” he replied casually.

“And since when are you an expert on mates?” I snapped rudely.

Shrugging, “I asked Keith, since you won’t listen to him,” he pointed out.

I shook my head slightly, I didn’t want to hear anything soppy Keith had to say, he wants me to practically lie down and beg for her – which I won’t do.

“What’s the point? You guys were right, she hates me,” I grunted, knowing if she did find out now, she would just use it against me.....though she did seem to soften up a little yesterday; maybe we still have a chance? Eh, who am I kidding, knowing me I will blow it anyway. Might as well get use to being alone, I’ve never had a problem with it before.