13.

Maybe Harper was right, we were probably going to die out here. We had been out here for a whole day, we didn't have any money so it didn't make the situation better for us.

"If we take the train without paying, and get so far that we can go back to our house," I suggested, Harper, sighed and nodded.

"But that's going to be a long drive," I added to my sentence, Harper sighed and sat down on the ground.

"Where are we even?" She asked.

"We are in New York, and that's going to be a long ride back to Illinois." When I told her, she groaned and threw her head back.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me!" She yelled out with pure frustration in her voice. I nodded and helped her get back up.

"We need to find the closest train." I sighed, she nodded and followed me. We walked for so long, not even being able to know where the fuck we were.

When we finally reached somewhere with people everywhere, I walked down the stairs with Harper's hands in mine, as I looked up and smiled to myself.

"Harper, look up," I said, shaking her shoulder. She looked up and noticed the bridge above us, where there was a big train station.

"Jesus Christ." She mumbled to herself. I took her under the bridge with me and walked up the stairs that were placed. There it was, the train station. We could finally get away and go back to our old lives.

I checked the timeline for the trains and where they were headed to. When I saw Illinois standing there, I felt this happiness inside of my chest which I hadn't experienced in such a long time.

"We are going home, Harper," I said to her, Harper looked up at the screen and saw the name of our town.

                           _____

We had been sitting inside of the train for hours, maybe two or three? I didn't know, I just knew that we were close because of the screen that was on the train. Every time one from the train staff came over and asked for our tickets, we pretended to be asleep, it worked every time.

"Next stop, Illinois." The female voice from the speakers said, I got up and took my jacket on. I started waking Harper up by shaking her and whispering her name.

She slowly got up and rubbed her eyes, she had been asleep for so long. We hadn't gotten proper sleep ever since we escaped, there wasn't any place to go to. I wasn't familiar with any place in New York, I always stayed back in our town.

When the train finally stopped and opened the doors, I took Harper's hand and dragged her out with me. I immediately recognized the train station, I had been here a lot of times before.

We walked out of the train station, as we walked out on the street together. It took us so long to finally reach our apartment, my feet were in pure pain. I lifted the carpet and took the spare key and unlocked the door. Harper walked in first and I walked in afterward, I closed the door behind me.

"Get the most important things. We are leaving, I have a lot of money to spare, we'll figure something out." I said to her, she nodded and disappeared into the kitchen.

I walked into the living room and gasped.

"The tea is okay, but you should get a new kettle." Romeo winked at me, I looked over at Antonio and sighed to myself.

They were sitting on our couch and drinking tea in our tea glasses. It looked like they had been there for a long time.

"Elizabeth, should I take the?—" She walked into the living room and cut herself off when she saw the two men sitting on our couch.