Honeymoon: The Last Leg

Daphne's POV

We'd reached our last full day at sea. The reality sinking in that our daily lives were about to go back to normal. Well, except that we no longer would be staying in separate homes but definitely not able to spend every moment of each day together. The thought made me both sad and happy. Sad to not have him with me each moment but happy to know I'll be with him when he leaves and when he returns.

"I think I'll miss our balcony the most," Chris says as we prepare for breakfast. I can't help but chuckle and yet silently agree with him. The thoughts of what all took place there feels me with an indescribable warmth deep within me.

"Guess it's a good thing our closest neighbors are seven acres away, since you've become such an exhibitionist," I say as I wrap my arms around his bare waist.

He smirks down at me. "Didn't hear you complaining."

"And you certainly won't," I tell him a grin. "Now, put some clothes on. I'm hungry."

"Yes ma'am."

~~~~~

  After the encounter with both Mark and Jessica we hadn't gone back to have a real sit down dinner in that particular restaurant on the boat. And we wouldn't be taking our chances today either. We made plans to join Wayne and Val for one last meal on deck around 6 pm.

  Until then we'd occupy ourselves however we would like. I had noticed there was going to be a Newlywed Game in the theatre at 3 pm. After laying out by the pool we decided to go in and watch the crazy antics that were sure to unfold. Little did we know we would be a part of it.

We were up against two other couples. When the announcer, Matthew, asked how long each had been together one answered five years while the other answered two. Chris and I were definitely the underdogs when I answered seven months. Even the crowd that had gathered knew this would be a blowout.

The rules were simple. All males would wear noise canceling headphones and face away from the group while the women answered questions. Whoever matched answers would win a point. Then we'd switch and the women would have to match answers. The winners would receive a prize not to be announced until the end of the game.

Team One were The Hudsons, Team Twon were The Walters and Team Three (my personal favorite) The Evans.

"Alright, gentlemen, put on those headphones, turn around and let's get started. Ladies, when and where was your first kiss?"

We each write our answers on a large poster board. Of course I go with my humiliating first kiss encounter with Chris hopeful that he'll say that one.

"Next question. How did you first meet your spouse?"

I'm getting excited because I know there is no way Chris will get this wrong.

"Last question for the women. What is your ideal vacation?"

Matthew gives us another moment to scrawl our answers over the board before asking us to hide our answers. He instructs the men that they can rejoin the group now.

"Question 1, when and where was your first kiss?"

Team One gets the question right while Team Two gets it wrong. Matthew looks at Chris for his answer. He smirks at me knowing he has to give the right answer. "It was our second date and on Daphne's front porch." He's gives me a sweet peck to my temple when I flip my board over and our answers match.

"Question 2, how did you first meet your spouse?"

Team Two starts this time and gets it right. Team One doesn't get the point because apparently he forgot that they first met in elementary school. "Team Three?"