Chapter 35

Tw// unhealthy eating habits

❤️❤️❤️

I wake up blinded by the whiteness of the ceiling. I look around and my first conclusion is that this is definitely not my room, I was at the hospital.

What happened? The last thing I remember is me being at the gym. Oh shit, I think I fainted.

"Look who's awake! Our sleeping beauty"

"We were about to start searching for the frog to kiss you," Dan said.

"You idiot, it's a princess who kisses the frog not the other way around and it's not even the same fairy tale," Max said shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you're such a specialist on the topic. Should've known that you're hiding princess fairy tales under these creepy biology textbooks you're storing in your room"

"Shut up"

"Okay boys, get out. I want to speak with the only child of this family who knows how to act"

The last voice belonged to uncle Julien. He entered the room with the tray of food, my worried gaze stopped at it as I felt a funny feeling in my stomach. I really don't want to eat this.

It was the first time I saw uncle Julien in a hospital robe. This is when I realized that he looked like a perfect copy of Derek Shepherd I swear but it did nothing to calm my nerves as I was mentally preparing myself for what was about to be an unpleasant conversation.

"Hi there," he said gently, looking at me with fondness.

"Hi" I responded quietly.

He didn't respond, instead, he nodded and sat next to my bed. There was a suffocating silence surrounding us.

Why Dan and Max had to leave? I needed them to fill up the quietness with jokes, desperately.

I knew Julien is quiet on purpose. He waited for me to say something.

"Sorry" I finally blurted out.

"For what?"

"For being a trouble to you"

"Why do you think you're a trouble, Ellie?"

"Oh my God, now I know why Max hates you" I grunted and looked away.

Julien chuckled at that "That boy one day will stop being ashamed of having feelings, I will be the witness to that" he winked at me.

"Why is Max ashamed of having feelings?" My curiosity got better of me.

Julien shrugged his shoulder "Why your father is? I'd say it's a mix of social expectation and personal experiences"

I noted that whenever I ask Julien about other family member issues he's being vague. For some reason it made me trust him more, he won't just go tell anything he learns about me. Julien looked like a person who can keep a secret.

"So Ellie, are you ready to talk about yourself or not yet?"

Damn it.

"Listen, at the gym, I just pushed myself too much I should've stopped when I got tired, and instead I just wanted to continue training. It was a lapse of judgment"

"Do you know how long it took you to get tired?"

He surprised me with this question.

"I don't know maybe a few minutes" I muttered, not looking at him.

"And do you know why it was only a few minutes?"

"Because I don't do physical exercises? I lack stamina"

"Anything else come to mind?"

"No"

"Let me help you then. What did you eat today?"

My mind went blank. Shit.

"Yoghurt for breakfast? Sandwich for dinner?"

Okay, I just made it up.

"You're asking me?"

"Telling you"

"Start eating, please," Julien said in a serious voice and pointed at the tray in front of me. Ham sandwich, an apple, and orange juice. Yikes.

"I just wonder when did you eat all that. Your brothers haven't seen you eating today" he continued as a took a small bite of my sandwich.

"So what?" I shrugged my shoulders not really sure how to respond. They couldn't see me because I didn't eat much today.

"Ellie, are you being honest?"

🔆🔆🔆

Do you think this story is good enough for the Wattys? I think I would like to submit it but I know the grammar is seriously lacking.