Chapter 36

"What makes you think I'm not," I asked.

"You're not looking at me" he explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I might have forgotten to eat dinner today, okay? Why can't you just leave it?" I muttered still stubbornly avoiding his gaze.

"Because you're underweight"

I snorted at that "yeah, okay. Listen, I don't have any eating problem, I'm eating see?" I took another bite of disgusting hospital food to prove my point.

"I'm very glad that you're eating. I'm not saying you're sick Ellie, if you're healthy we will just make sure you gain appropriate weight I have a consultation with a dietitian they will prescribe for you food that will help you gain healthy weight-"

"No" after those words left my mouth I realized that I interrupted him rudely. "I don't need to gain anything. This is my normal weight"

"You fainted because you eat too little. Your body is deprived of nutrients"

"Maybe it's because of the trashy food I'm eating. I will just start eating more healthy things like more fruits or vegetables"

"I'm sure those things will be included in your prescribed diet"

Why was he being so difficult?

"Can we just forget about all this and go back to normal?"

"I don't know, can we? Do you need help or not?"

I wanted to say no straight away but "no, I don't need any help" the serious look on Julien's face made me pause.

"I... I think I might need a little help"

"Good. If you said you didn't we would have a serious problem. As long as you can admit you need help we can fix this issue together as a family. If not your situation is far more serious and you need help from the outside, got it?"

I nodded wordlessly.

Okay if he's going to set traps like that for the rest of the time he's staying at our place I'm not sure if I will survive without being at least signed in to a psychiatrist. I need to control myself.

🌹🌹🌹

As we entered the house I could feel a hand on my arm as Julien gently guided me towards my room.

"Wait, I wanted to play with Dan?" He promised to teach me how to play the game on the console situated in the living room. I tried to stop as Julien was leading me in the opposite direction but he didn't let me go, on the contrary, his grip tightened.

What's going on now? It was confusing.

"Is there anything you would like to give me Ellie?" Julien asked as we entered my room.

"Give you?" I repeated as we entered my room. What the hell is he talking about?

"Something that shouldn't be in your room" he prompted but didn't elaborate any further. His arms are crossed over his chest and he was still serious. I really didn't like this side of Julien. I preferred him gentle and kind.

Then I realized something. He already knew something was wrong with my eating habits when he spoke to me. What if they tested my blood and found out I'm taking the pills? Shit.

"We can always go back to the hospital if you want for more detailed tests"

I shook my head and quickly jumped to my wardrobe. The pills were hidden in the pocket of one of my jackets. I realized Julien accompanied me because he wanted to see my hiding spot. I handed him the pills and he thanked me but the severe expression on his face told me I really fucked up.

"Thank you. Now that it's settled, we're going to have a chat"

🔆🔆🔆

Yup! Today is the day of updates. Sorry for providing them in small portions but it's just easier for me that way.