🌹CHAP 1🌹

I'm so exhausted. All that annoying shelving again, I really hope my pay doesn't get delayed again. Anyways, I'm Lyly Anne.

Lyly Anne Campbell. Seventeen years of age and orphaned. I came to live with Aunt Emerald six years ago after Mom's death. After years and years of chemotherapy, she still wasn't compatible with the medicine.

I was expecting it but it still hurts anytime I think of her, I feel numb. But I know she didn't want to leave. I still miss her. Her smell and secret smile right before we did something super fun. Most of our best memories were made on road trips.

Since I wanted to start being independent, I asked Aunt Emerald to seek employment among her friends she got one at this really upscale stationary store. Moving on......

Aunt Emerald is a widow with two twin daughters my age. Stephanie and Stasha. Unfortunately, those two girls are quite a pain. They aren't fairy tale friendly but coincidentally been injected with a dose of demon blood. I remember the day I first arrived in their house. They clearly informed me that I was not welcome and proceeded to shove my intrusion in my face throughout the whole week.

First,I found my clothes in the fish pond then my valuables in the trashcan. Of course,I endured because after all i was invading their privacy.

Their house is a beautifully structured five bedroom house situated at the most affluent part of town. With a fountain and a dreamlike garden, it looked like something straight out of a magazine; a far cry from our apartment but that apartment was home.

Since i arrived my new residence, my routine every morning was to prepare coffee and pancakes for Aunt Emerald (she said the twins can't cook to save their lives),have breakfast with the twins where they gush about their nonexistent boyfriends then go to school.

Aunt Em decided to let me stay at my old school,The Royal Diadem, something about familiar places to help with the grief.
Stephanie and Stasha don't work either inside or outside except to sleep,wake up, eat, update their social media. Not exactly in that order,but trust me I'm not complaining.

Yesterday morning, Aunt Em told me that i was to transfer to Stephanie and Stasha's school, St Michelle High School and I was both curious and scared. Dealing with the twins was bad enough but with puppets at their disposal it's bound to be hell.

Mom told to always make the best out of terrible situations so that's what I'll do *deep signing* After all it can't be that bad.
When I got to work today, I hastily opened up and cleaned. Mrs Newet, my employer,is quiet the perfectionist. She wants her pens colour coordinated and in front of the invoice book no matter what. Its quite the pain sometimes. And should you dare to put the calculator inside the drawer instead on the counter,mistakenly or not. Bish,you dead.

So I was already quiet disoriented from home, so I made quite a lot of mistakes. I put the green pencil behind the blue pencil instead of the other way round,forgot to remove the calculator from the drawer and also forgot to replace the wilted flower at her desk.(She said a new flower everyday makes her feel special.) Then she arrived. Smile

"Lyly Anne,where is my flower. You left the wilted one in the vase." Mrs. Newet screeched.

"I'm sorry,I'll change it right away."

"Oh my God,my pencils! Where is the calculator"

"I'm sorry, I'll fix it right away." I wiped the sweat forming on my forehead.

"What is it with you young people today, why can't you do simple things, do you always have to be told what to do! Are you dumb?" She shouted

"I'm sorry." She kept on ranting.

I'm sick and tired of her attitude ever since I started here, she has been finding fault with every little thing.

"Mrs Newet, I quit. I can't do this anymore." I said.

She stopped mid rant,"Fine,do that. I don't need you any ways. Get out of my shop!" She went to her bag and threw a couple of bills at me. I picked my bag and left.

"Good riddance"
Today sure is a rotten day.

This is my first story.
Please vote,follow,comment and share❤