Kaeya x Reader ♡

"I'm sorry, Y/N. Maybe there will be something more suitable tomorrow? Be sure to come back and check!"

You walked out of Mondstadt's gates with a frown on your face. Katheryne's commissions were always too difficult for you to handle, so you had to turn them down almost all the time.

Before you could walk past Timmie's usual spot for feeding the pigeons, you felt a warm arm slither around your waist.

"Hello, my love! How are you?" The voice was familiar - Kaeya, your boyfriend as of nearly a year and a half. His presence cheered you up a little - but it was still a bit upsetting.

"Oh, hey..!" You tried your best to act naturally, but of course, Kaeya saw right through you.
"Hmm..? What's the matter?" Kaeya pouted as you gazed at the floor.

"I had to decline my commissions... again. I'm just too weak." Not even feeling like you should make eye contact with him, Kaeya took your chin and moved your head to face him. He caught a glimpse of tears threatening to fall out of your eyes; it shattered his heart.

"You're not weak, dear.." Kaeya pulled you into his arms and nuzzled his face into your neck.
You held Kaeya's head and lightly stroked his long, blue hair.

"How about... we go to the Stormbearer mountains, and have some alone time? I do reckon it's private there, too." Although it may have sounded strange, you understood what Kaeya meant and agreed to his request.

Later on, you both arrived at the highest cliff and cleared any slimes or hilichurls that were in the way.
"Ahhh... now this is peaceful, don't you think?" Kaeya smiled as he took a seat on the ground, just by the edge of the rocks. You moved to sit next to him and sighed, gazing at the view.

Before you could suspect it, Kaeya placed an arm on your shoulders and pulled you close to him. He proceeded to pat your hair and lay his head on yours.
"Like I said before, you're not weak, love. You're training, and even Aether spent time learning how to kill boss enemies easily. Look at him now!" Kaeya kissed your head and looked up in the sky.

"I suppose you're right, but.. I'd feel a lot better if you were to help train me, too..." You whispered, leaning against the blue haired man next to you.

"Of course. Anything for you!~" Kaeya confirmed, tightening his grip on your back, as if he were craving affection.
You placed a kiss on his cheek and intertwined your fingers with his.

"..I love you." You finally managed to say; even though you were facing a different direction in embarrassment.
Kaeya chuckled and carressed your cheek with his fingertips.

"I love you more." Kaeya smirked. He knew what he was doing, and how competitive you could be.
"You know that's not true. I love you more." You turned and looked into his eyes.

"No, I love you more. More than infinity." He repeated. You gave him a (fake) annoyed expression and shook your head.
"That doesn't even make any sense! I love you more than you love me and that's the-" To shut you up, Kaeya took the chance to pull you into a kiss. It lasted a few seconds, before he pulled away and left you sat next to him, confused and embarrassed.

"Ahaha, that silenced you, I can see! Maybe I should do that even more..~" Kaeya teased.

"H-Hey! You're not off the hook here!" You quickly clutched hold of Kaeya's jacket and pulled his face to yours.
"Don't start something you can't finish, mister!" And then you pressed your lips against his.