⤷ 21

when i went back to school the next day, i was tired.

the adrenaline from the previous evening had woken me up so much that i couldn't sleep well.

so i got up the next morning after a full 2 hours of twilight sleep and went to school.

in math class i nodded off and my friends gave me worried looks, but i dismissed them with a smile.

when we heard a soft knock on the door in art class and mizuki, who had been absent for a few days, entered, my mood sank once again.

her snooty look stuck to me as she walked past me on her high heels and sat down at the table behind me. the way she stared at me made me so aggressive that i wanted to grab her by her nose ring and drag her through the corridors.

i swear, i'm not normally violent, but lack of sleep + argument with takashi + takashi's ex girlfriend don't exactly put me in high spirits.

i didn't think mizuki could be any more annoying until i was alone in the cabin with her after sports.

"is it true?" she asked and i turned my gaze to her.

"is what true?"

"that takashi was in jail"

"why don't you ask him yourself?" i muttered, folding up my sports tshirt.

"well, i haven't talked to him in a long time" she cleared her throat.

"mh"

"you know, y/n, actually he's not your type"

"oh really? how would you know?"

"well, takashi isn't the type of boyfriend to bring you flowers. he can get very protective and being with him is dangerous - but i guess you already know that" she said happily and put something on.

i made a poker face and shrugged my shoulders - and already mizuki was babbling on, "you seem like a girl waiting for her prince charming. but believe me, takashi is not your prince. he'll end the relationship after he slept with you. believe me, he doesn't usually go for chicks like you."

i gulped. ouch. insensitive bitch.

"y/n, you and takashi... you guys have something going on, right?"

the girl was seriously starting to get on my nerves. "none of your business" i hissed annoyed and was about to leave, but mizuki grabbed me by the collar and slammed me against a locker.

"well, kind of. because even though we're not together right now, he still means something to me, and i don't want him wasting his time with someone like you" she hissed, tightening her grip around my neck.

"well, i'd rather consider the time he spent with you wasted" i pressed out between clenched teeth.

she let go of me and glared at me. "watch your mouth, y/n"

i laughed out. "is that supposed to scare me now?"

mizuki crossed her arms in front of her chest and grinned. "he'll never love you"

i shook my head in disbelief and walked out.

TAKASHI'S POV

"you should go out" chifuyu's voice was calm, but concern resonated in the words.

"dude, no."

"since when are you afraid of the cops?"

"i'm not afraid."

"maybe not of the cops, but of someone else" i ignored his insinuation and lowered myself deeper into my chair.