fear

Katara watched her husbands back sitting on Appas saddle...Aangs was on the bisons head holding the reins...she suddenly saw his figure approaching to her and a smile escaped her lips

"hey" she happily said as Aang sat near her, a grin on his features.
"hey, are you tired?"
"im okay, I was just thinking"
"about what?" he smiled, looking at the clouds changing shapes
"nothing special" she interwined her fingers with his but suddenly a thought crossed her mind and a frown appeard on her face, Aangs smile faded.
"what is it?"
"uh? oh nothing" she assured him
"you sure?"
"mhmh" she nodded
Aang sighed...she was worried about something but he didnt want to push.
He began looking at her...her deep blue eyes and the way her soft hair fell on her shoulders made him feel special, special because he got to marry the most amazing woman hes ever knew.
She began feeling his eyes on her
"what?" she asked
he kissed her cheek, making her smile
"just thinking about how lucky I am"
Katara smiled at him once again, and leaned her head on his shoulder, she suddenly spoke
"Sokka...the other day told me I was showing" a weird expression on her face
"showin- oh." his eyes widened and traveled to her stomach...there was, indeed, a little bloat.
"is it a bad thing?" he asked childishly
Katara held back a chuckle
"its a normal thing"
"mh...then whats that face?"
Katara shrugged
"Aang...Im a little scared"
Aang frowned but continued listening
"yoy knoe when you know something but you just can't believe it?"
he nodded
"well I started realizing I was pregnant yesterday and its...a lot"
Aangs expression softened, her eyes now where showing fear and it made his heart ache, he picked her hand, she looked at him
"its all happening really fast...and a child is a big thing...are we ready?"
Aang looked down...where they ready? He tightened his grip on her hand
"Were not experts...but we wanted this kid and you wanted to be a mother since I can remember"
a little smile appeared on her lips
"I wanted to be a mother, and I still want to but...does that mean that im ready?"
Aang looked down...she had a point, how were they gonna get through all of this?
how- his thoughts were interrupted by Kataras voice
"the thing is...I dont have anyone who has been experiencing this before me and sometimes..."
her eyes filled with tears as her voice cracked
"I wished my mom was here" she whispered, as a tear escaped her eyes and fell from her cheek.
Aang looked down...unsure on what to say, he didnt know his parents before the genocide and Kataras grandmother died years before...they were alone.
"maybe she felt she same when she was pregnant with me...who knows?" she continued, now tears were rolling down her eyes in a silent cry.
"she left too early" she choked out, "I dont want this to happen to our child...but what if-"
Aangs eyes widened, Katara...die? never.
"Katara" he affirmed "Katara look at me, thats never gonna happen...never"
"your mother sacrificed herself for you to be here and life the life she wanted you to live"
He stopped, looking at her eyes...that were now covered in tears
"she wanted you to be happy, and I know you are. Youre just scared and its normal...everyone is, even me"
her hands were shaking...he took them in his and she looked in his eyes as she stopped sobbing...she kissed him.
It was a kiss that tastes like tears, but Aang could sense she needed it as comfort, he kissed her back immediately, embracing her softly...then she slowly pulled away, her eyes closed.
"we can go to your dad...he must know something about the history of your family on these matters" whispered Aang, she weakly smiled.
"thats...thats a wonderful idea" she hugged him tight...he wrapped his arms around her waist and she relaxed her muscles at his warmth.
"thank you" she muttered in his shoulder
"for what?" he whispered
"for being you"
Aang weakly smiled...gently kissing the crook of her neck.
"I love you"
"love you too" she answered, placing a hand on her stomach.

A/N: I enjoyed writing this...vote, comment and lmk what you think!