────── twenty-two

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

═══ BAD OMENS ═══

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

STORMING INTO THE OFFICE ON THE TOP FLOOR with his shoulders heaving up and down, Itachi threw open the door, letting it slam against the wall with a loud bam! and fixed his father with a glare.

"You lied to me!" He was seething with anger.

Sat behind a desk, Hoshino Ken sighed, lifted the glasses off his nose and massaged his temples. "You'll have to be more specific than that, son."

"You never told me anything about a will or the fact that you're not Akiko's father!"

Ken slammed a fist down. "Don't yell at me, boy!"

"Why didn't you tell me!? I have every right to know!"

"Because it's none of your damn business, Itachi!" retorted Ken, jumped out of his seat and approached his son. "You are disobeying my orders right now! You're supposed to keep watch at the wearhouse!"

Itachi scoffed. "They're locked up without a way to escape. I'm not a freaking guard dog."

In the blink of an eye, Itachi found himself pinned against the wall, the angry red face of his father right in front of him, staring him down with a fist raised in the air.

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS AT RISK IF THAT LITTLE BITCH GETS AWAY! SO DO YOUR FUCKING JOB OR YOU'LL BE NEXT IN LINE!"

He thought he had gotten used to his father's sudden bursts of anger but he had never seen him this out of control in the twenty-two years of his life. Itachi flinched. Turning his head away, he expected to be hit but gasped when he was thrown down instead.

Ken towered over him. "You really don't want to upset me. Now, get back to work. I can't afford you to start slacking off."

The man settled down behind his desk again while Itachi stayed down, catching his breath and calming down his racing heart.

"All this time, you made me believe that I was going to lead the business one day," Itachi spoke quietly, followed by a dry, humorless laugh. "But you never intended to pass it down to me, did you? You were just using me. And I fell for it. Stupid Itachi."

He hit himself over the head. Then, he pulled himself off the floor, smoothed out any wrinkles in his suit and inhaled deeply.

"You disappoint me, Itachi," was the last thing Ken said before he turned his attention to the computer screen once again.

Without sparing another glance at his father, Itachi turned on his heel and stormed out of the office.

"I'm going to prove that I'm not useless!"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

──── ˚✩ ༘*ೄ˚ ────

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ