ch.21

dejavu.

now playing | stage 2

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

"He's not coming back," Jisung sighed. The boy knew he shouldn't be impatient, and snap as he almost did, she's going through a tough time, he reminded himself, but it was still quite hard to keep his emotions at bay.

He was laid down in the passenger's seat in Aeri's car, one arm layered over his eyes before he continued to hum in a way to fill the tense silence.

"How do you know? For all I care, yesterday was a dream, a nightmare," Aeri was in the driver's seat, her two arms crossed like a small child after a tantrum, and her eyebrows furrowed like a stern teacher after a scolding. She was in denial, but didn't want to admit to you. She'd rather try to prove a point than give into the idea that caused her heart to physically ache.

Jisung wanted to keep her on her feet, and keep her as close to reality as he could. In times like this, it was best to face things head on, but he knew her. She'd say the same advice to others, yet not even think about doing the same for herself. "Aeri, it wasn't just a figment of your imagination," He tried to convince her, but it was no use.

Once the Han was set on something, there was no way of turning her mind back on it.

If this was how she'd cope, Jisung knew it was only best to allow her to do as she pleased. It just didn't feel right though.

"He's gonna come. In 5 minutes his train arrives to the station, and he's gonna be walking out of those doors, a smile etched on his face," Aeri huffed, her eyes darting to the tired boy's direction, before quickly moving her gaze back to the station they were parked in front of.

She wished she was in his shoes, wished she could easily close her eyes and drift off into an abyss of silence, however this was eating her alive.

Aeri was envious, she too, as much as him and more so, was exhausted. After he tucked her in bed, and turned off the lights, Jisung found a place on her bedroom floor and tried to get some sleep. He knew the following the days she'd need him, and he didn't want to drag her down with his own problems.

But despite his advice, Aeri hadn't slept like him.

The dark circles that hung to the skin below her eyes said all, but Jisung didn't dare to comment on it. He noticed ever since breakfast that morning, the way she moved slowly, and how her eyes would try to flutter down unintentionally.

But she was a fighter, and god, he hated that sometimes.

"Aeri," His voice was softer, gentler too, but that didn't stop the woman's voice from coming out harsh itself.