CHAPTER 8: TRAITOR

ALEXONDRA'S POV

I'm still waiting inside the car after the Roberto's gang told me to stay low in saving Ryota. I was shaking in worry and anger.

I knew that I'm going to be the fall of this team.

I slapped myself after that incident awhile back.

Before joining Roberto's mafia, I received a call from someone named an unknown number. I knew already knew that he's the man we're after.

"Just do what I'm telling you and I won't hurt your precious son. I told you didn't I? Marry me and I'll bring you Ryota back." Dark Salamander said.

"What's your problem? Where is my son? I swear I'll kill you if you ever touch him!" I hissed at him as a reply then I heard chuckling from the other line.

"How many times do I have to tell you that marrying me is the only way for you to see your son again..." He replied nonchalantly while grinning at the other line.

"Why should I marry you? I don't know you in the first place." I told him acidly while gripping my phone against my ear. I can feel my hands shaking in anger.

He turned silent on the other side.

I was about to bang him with another set of questions but he spoke with authority this time.

"Now, you're denying that you don't know me? I didn't know that you're this heartless, Alex." He replied. "I hope you can still remember what you did to me back then in high school..."

I frowned. It's not that I know any man that I've hurt but I'm confused.

"What do you mean by what you just said?" I asked with a frown.

"You slashed my chin, remember? This X scar on my chin is made by you." Then it dawned me! He's...

"I don't remember slashing your chin. Brent, my former classmate is the only person I slashed on the chin as far as I remember and you don't even look like him. Why did you find me anyway?" I asked angrily while turning my fist into ball.

"I have things to settle and I'm a leader of my own mafia remember? I'm going to keep your son with me so I can use him to blackmail you if necessary." He's serious.

"Hey I'm asking you!" I acidly stated when he changed the subject.

"It's me, Brent. Alex, I've been wanting to court you since high school but what did you do? You slashed my chin and I got operated by doctors the next morning. They made a plastic surgery for my jaws and my mouth so my appearance changed." He replied with a sigh.

My mouth fell in shock. I... I... never heard about that.

"I've been wanting to talk to you personally about it but you always push me away. You're such a bummer." I heard him whispered on the line.

"Why kill my husband? What did he ever do to you?!" I roared calmly on the phone.

"Relax, darling. It's a thing between Kashimoto and me. You'll know one day if you'll just do what I'll be telling you to do now." He whispered. "Why not spy on Black Mamba's mafia?"

I was left dumbstruck. Wait, what did he just said?

"I won't do that, bastard." I hissed. My grip made my phone crick. I can feel it in my palms.

"Like I told you, your son's life is on the line. As long as you become a goody-goody spy, this will become a secret between the two of us. It won't be long till we have our own marriage." He chuckled annoyingly.

I gripped my hand.

"I'm taking your offer down..." I whispered as reply.

"Huh? What did you say?" He asked for clarifications.

"I'm not accepting your stupid offer." I stated clearly and strongly.

"You're not accepting my offer? Fine. Then I'll just---" he paused and I heard him walking towards something.

"MAMA!" Someone cried.

"Ryota! RYOTA! Where are you? Ryota! Talk to Mom!" I began to yell at the top of my voice when I heard my Ryota's voice calling out to me.

"Mama! Save me!" Ryota cried on the other line. I didn't realized that my tears are falling as my heart feels so crushed with pain. I cannot contain myself to hear my son cry.

"If you still want to see your son, Alex, just do what I told you. I'll wait for your reply. I know that Roberto is planning to move right now to save your son but I want you to tell me when and their plan." He replied victoriously.

"Please give me my son back." I cried while wiping my dropping tears from my swollen eyes.

"Just do what I told you if you want your son to see the sunrise again tomorrow. This number cannot be traced even if you track it. Don't tell Black Mamba about this if you still want your son alive." Then he ended the call.

I was holding my hair in worry, anxious, depressed and lowliness. I can't believe I just told the enemy about Roberto's gang's rendezvous. I betrayed them.

I cried in my palms silently while thinking about Roberto.

I'm so sorry, Roberto. But I have to save my son.

I heard them all coming back to their cars. Roberto's holding his bloody shoulder as they all march back. I was having severe perspiration as I watch them coming.

All of them were given first aid as Roberto entered the car and sat beside me. I remained silent and composed.

"They escaped. Someone must have told them about this so we didn't find Ryota anywhere." He stated while starting the engine.

"That's awful. How's your shoulder?" I asked while pointing at his first aided shoulder.

"Still working. I hope you're still fine after staying here all alone. Just trust the team okay? We'll save Ryota all together." he stated and now's driving the car.

I suddenly feel burdened and guilty for what I did.

"R-Roberto..." I started.

"Hm?"

I was about to tell him but... I'm so scared of what he'll do to me. After those things he did to me, this is how I repay him? I decided not to talk about it.

"Oh nothing." I replied and closed my mouth in the entire trip.

***