Chapter 74: A Godly Wrath

I do not own Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

Harry stared at the food in front of him unseeingly, his eyes drifting toward the hand that had previously had such lies written into it from the Blood Quill.

His magic felt sore this morning, pulled in far too many directions in a short amount of time. Harry felt his hand start to shake slightly as he remembered the feelings the Blood Quill elected from him and he hurriedly dropped the spoon of oatmeal back into its bowl and brought his hand back into his lap, clutching it tightly.

"You okay, mate?" Neville asked with concern, having spotted Harry being off ever since last night with his detention with Umbridge, he couldn't even remember seeing his roommate when he went to bed, the boy must've snuck in after dark.

"I'm fine," Harry automatically said even as he looked away from Neville and rubbed the back of his unblemished hand, having been healed by his grandfather the previous night.

Harry still didn't fully know what to do, his grandpa had said he'd handle it, that this wouldn't go unpunished, but Harry didn't really know what his angry grandfather would do.

While the laws regarding gods and their children have relaxed, it was still against the law for Percy to see Poseidon, and because Harry was the child of Percy, that law actually applied to him as well.

Meaning that while Zeus may relent to his grandfather's visit the night before, he would probably do something if his grandfather visited once more or started messing with the lives around him, as that was practically interacting with Harry.

The worst thing was, Harry didn't fully know who he could talk to, it was like anytime he tried to bring it up, his mind screamed at him that it would be a bad idea. That no one should know, that they can't know.

When he tried to fight the feeling, he nearly screamed in agony as he felt his core twist inside of him, being wrung out like some towel. He nearly made himself pass out by trying to tell Severus just a few hours ago before breakfast, having been unable to sleep.

The Potions Master had nearly freaked out over him, apparently, he had nearly tried to kill himself by trying to talk about something that someone had magically made him unable to talk about. Harry was nearly certain it had to do with the paper he had been writing on, as Umbridge had also supplied it. Perhaps some type of hidden blood document where it made it so any sort of his blood on it, one that didn't require a signature, would be legally binding to his core.

In any case, Harry couldn't open his mouth to anyone about what had happened during last night's detention. He couldn't even write it down so the only person who could ever perhaps know would be his grandfather unless he spent another detention with Umbridge and showed Severus the results.

Considering Harry never wanted to put his bonded toward that torture again, it left Harry relying on his grandfather for retribution and to stop Umbridge. Something he wasn't looking forward to as he never quite knew his grandfather since the man wasn't always around and could only rarely visit.

He was pulled back to the present by a sharp elbow in his side. Looking toward Neville with furrowed brows, the other boy nodded toward his food. "You need to eat, mate. Just a few bites, please," he pleadingly said.

Harry sighed and picked up his spoon, his stomach slightly rebelling at the food in front of him. Steeling himself, Harry looked away and shoved the spoon of oatmeal into his mouth, swallowing with effort and trying to calm his rebelling stomach.