𝟜𝟞

"Where did he go?!" The order was staring at the spot where James was seconds before, Remus looked down at the letter and then Sirius' shocked and heartbroken face.

"Pads, what happened..." Everyone's attention was shifted to Sirius who handed the letter he was holding to Remus with wide eyes.

"Oh..." Remus turned to the order still holding the letter, he looked over at where James had been before, grabbing his letter and reading it aswell, "Oh"

Sirius broke out of his trance looking over Remus' shoulder "What?" Remus looked at Sirius showing off the letter to him, Sirius' eyes widened before smiling slightly. "If Reg dies I'll kill him..."

"What?! No way, you are not coming with James!" James sat down on Regulus' bed with his arms crossed .

"Watch me" Regulus walked up to him grabbing his hands a small blush from their previous confessions.

"Look, this mission is dangerous like death dangerous... I couldn't live with myself if you died" James pulled Regulus to sit next to him.

"I know Reggie why do you think I came here... I couldn't let you die, I wouldn't be able to handle myself" Regulus smiled slightly at the nickname, it had been a long time since he could be with James again, it almost made him forget about everything.

"... Okay you can come but no asking questions, and no coming in the cave with me" James smiled before leaning back to lay on Regulus' bed.

"Been awhile since I've been in your bed huh Reggie?" Regulus turned bright red before leaning back to lay next to James.

"James... I've missed you..." The statement felt more like a question, tip toeing around their past relationship, James smiled interlacing their hands together.

"I've missed you too..." They both knew they couldn't get back together. That's what hurt so much about being next to eachother in this bed, their hands interlaced, Is knowing that no matter how much they love eachother, a death eater can't date the hero.

_______

Pov: you're running out of ideas for the ending

I had this whole thing planned out but I forgot and now I gotta think about how to end this 😭