75 | Garden

Asato Kimoto stared at what was left.

His eyes are wide as saucers and his mouth hung agape. His knees felt weak, yet he can't let himself drop to the ground- blood is also pooling and covering the pavement below him.

Asato's terrified to take another step. Terrified to let his curiosity get the best of him and make him try to find more bodies in hopes to come across someone who's breathing.

His chest felt heavy while realization started to sink in. The family he had been serving since he was young..

Has been massacred.

"Sei.. Seikatsu-sama.." Asato panicked, now beginning to look around, "H-Haru? HARU!"

He finally gets over his shock, realizing that neither of them were near. Had they escaped? Or were they among the corpses that's possibly inside the house? Chills run down his spine as he thought of it; god no. Though he knows the impact of it, he will never accept their deaths if the day comes.

Asato took one step forward before hearing a weapon being unscathed behind him.

He froze once again, slowly turning his head to look over his shoulder. His eyes widen once he sees a figure wearing blood stained clothes.

"Why're you so confused..?"

Seikatsu lets out a chuckle, biting his lip as if to stop himself from further laughing at Asato. He's high on adrenaline and the sweet feeling of finally seeking revenge that he didn't care if the other boy saw him like this.

Like a monster.

"Sei.." Asato's brows furrow out of worry, now facing the teen. He slowly raises both his hands up as if surrendering- The weapon from earlier is now being pointed at him.

"Yes, Kimoto?~" Seikatsu grins, "Aren't you happy? You and Haru knew this day will come."

"Ha..Happy?" Asato stammers, gritting his teeth, "What the hell am i supposed to be happy about?! You.. You Murdered your family!"

Asato hoped this is all in his head. A bad nightmare that would probably stay in his mind for weeks. He wished to wake up in the quarters he shared with others maids and servants- then Haru would be waiting for him by the door, ready to scold him about waking up late.

But.. None of this felt fake. The cold air and corpses, the blood on the cement and the thick suffocating atmosphere.. It's all real.

Hearing the response he received, Seikatsu's expression changes at a drop of a hat, his wide grin no longer there—he looked disappointed. He sighs, lowering the katana pointed at Asato.