Chapter 33: Grace

I went to another book store closer to my house. I actually drove my car this time.

This bookstore didn't have nearly the types of books River's family's has. I wanted to go there.
I had only a few minutes before I had to head for school.

I picked out only one because the others didn't seem interesting.

I headed to study hall and I saw Lyla pressed against a locker by jay. They were kissing roughly. His hand was groping her breast.

I noticed someone else watching. River. He then turned around and saw me. He pushed past a kid and came up to me.

" Grace." He smiled. " Hi River."
" you ok?" I just nodded. He was scanning my body as if he was checking for something. " Can I see you at lunch?"

"Can we not act like this isn't awkward?" I looked at my shoes.
" I don't know what to do here ok? I'm sorry."
He pulled me into a storage closet and turned the lights on. " I only told him that stuff because...."

" because why River?"

" I don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff, not my parents nor friends. I wanted to tell someone about how lucky I am to have you in my life. He rearranged my words I swear, I told him how much of an angel you are. I thought he changed but I was wrong. And I would never, I mean ever try to embarrass you like that, I'll give you any proof you want to get you to believe me."

" d-do you actually love me? Because River I love you a lot, a bunch."
He interweaved our hands together and pressed a kiss to my lips. " I love you more than life itself." He whispered. " What about jay, I don't like him here."
" Leave that to me ok?" Last time I did that lyla had a bruised up face.

I wouldn't mind Jay having one.

I gave him a nod and he pulled me into a hug. A very tight hug. " baby you don't know how much torture these 24 hours without you has been." He whispered into my ear.

I leaned in closer pushing my ear against his chest and hearing his heartbeat calm.