Family Reunion

Okay, I know it's been a while since I've updated, but I finally got this drabble written up and I think I might have a system that I should be able to work with while school is going on and I have prompts left to write. I'm going to try and alternate between posting drabbles and actual chapters so that A.) I finish the drabbles and B.) I don't get burnt out only doing chapters. 

Now, without further ado, here is @Snowisawesome's prompt, All of her family meeting in one spot. Enjoy and I hope it lives up to what you imagined.

It was a few days after Everest's graduation and it was time for the party planned to celebrate her no longer being required to go to school. Harper had spent almost an hour trying to track down all the phone numbers of Everest's friends and family, new and old. After a lot of dead ends, abandoned numbers, and confused old people, she finally had the list completed.

It read as follows:

The superior family (Dad, Baba, me)

Roslyn (even if I have to get Baba to hunt her down)

Gino

Izzy L.

Clary

Simon (make sure party's at night because he's being weird right now and only goes out at night)

Luke

Jocelyn (because Dad says I have to invite her if I invite Luke and there's no way Luke wouldn't be invited so Jocelyn comes too I guess)

Raphael (that idiot is going to get beat up so bad when he gets here. He deserves it for making Forest miserable for years when she thought he was dead)

Alec L. (Forest's boyfriend!!)

Magnus B. (Forest's boyfriend too!!)

Jace H. (Izzy's brother, Clary's boyfriend, and Forest's overprotective brother from another mother)

Harper created an invite (both a physical copy and a digital copy) and sent them off to everyone who was invited. (She gave Clary the ones to give to Izzy, Jace, Alec, Magnus, and Raphael because she couldn't find an address for them anywhere.) At last, it was time for the party.

"Everest's here!" Clary yelled from the kitchen window. Harper scrambled up from where she sat trying to put lights up under the tree. She gave Luke a thumbs up when she had the camera ready.

"Send her back!" Luke yelled from the grill.

The backdoor opened and Harper hit record. Everest walked out of the backdoor, hand in hand with Izzy. Harper smiled fondly at the happy expression on her sister-in-all-but-blood's face. It was good to see her so happy. It had been a while since she had seen her as happy as she had been in the last few months—breakdowns excluded.

"What's going—" Everest's words trailed off as she took in the backyard.

There were fairy lights strung up in the trees and around the fence, folding tables decorated with rainbow plates and napkins, crisp white sheets draped just right in one corner of the yard to create a blanket fort large enough for at least a dozen people, blankets and pillows filling most of the space. Luke was at the grill, smoking ham, while Jay, Brad, and her mom alternated between prepping food in the kitchen and bringing it out to the tables covered in rainbow covers to prevent bugs from getting into the sure to be delicious meal.

Jace and Clary—who had slipped out from behind Everest and Izzy at some point—leaned against an empty table with smiles on their faces. Gino, Raphael, and Simon were at the edge of the patio and Everest couldn't help but wonder about what they were talking about that wasn't resulting in maiming. Magnus and Alec stood under the tree nearest to the house and suddenly it made sense why Izzy had made Everest change into the cream dress and deep red jacket before they left. Magnus and Alec both had cream or red pieces in their outfits. For Magnus it was his wine red shirt, for Alec it was his cream shirt. She smiled at them, eyes shining and cheeks pink with happiness. Alec smiled back kindly and Magnus blew her a kiss.