CHAPTER 23

Meera's POV

I wake up in the morning pressed against Abhi. Just then I hear Rey cry. After struggling for a while, I finally free myself from his hold and go to Rey's room. I pick him up and after 2 mins he stops crying. I take him and head towards the living room as I don't want to disturb Abhi. 

I put Rey down on the floor and he starts crawling. He goes towards a table and tries standing up with its support. Is he trying to walk? I go and sit on the floor next to him  and help him stand up with my support. 

Just then Abhi comes down and looks at us. I gesture him to sit across from me silently. He does so. I make Rey stand facing Abhi. I slowly let him go. He wobbles a little and walk a few step towards Abhi who catches him.

"Did he just walk ?", Abhi asks in awe, clearly getting emotional. I grin and nod.

I stretch my hands out and say," come here Reyansh". Abhi help him stand up and he makes his way towards me with small step. He falls onto be squealing. I hug him and he snuggles into me.

Abhi calls Rey again but he ignore him and just hugs me.  Abhi pouts at this and I laugh.

"sometimes I feel that he like you more than me", Abhi grumbles.

"Really, I like you more to", I say and kiss Rey on the top of his head. 

"What really , I feel so left out now", he says playfully. I stretch my hands out and he comes and hugs us tightly. Reyansh is in between squealing and trying to say something. 

Abhi leans down and kisses me . Just as he does that, Reyansh lets out a cry and smacks Abhi, in the face. 

"What the hell", Abhi yells. Reyansh looks scared and starts crying while burying his face in the crook of my neck. I cant help myself so I start laughing while consoling Rey. Luckily he stops crying and Abhi still looks dumbfounded.

"Did Rey just hit me for kissing you", he looked confused and cute. 

"I guess", I say , laughing at him.

"Reyansh is really surprising me today and why are you laughing so much", Rey smiles smugly at him while I stop laughing .

I kiss his cheek and get up with Reyansh still in my arms.

"Come on , let's eat , I'm hungry", I say while heading towards the kitchen.

" Sarla aunty wont come in this week", he says.

"Okay, cool . Then lets get cooking", I say .

"I ,uh cant cook", Abhi says rubbing the back of this neck sheepishly.

I roll my eyes and say, "Well then it looks like I'm making breakfast for you. What do you want?"

"I don't mind anything as long as you are you are cooking", he replies smiling cheekily.

We go into the kitchen and I open the fridge. It's pretty much empty. I remove some eggs , veggies and bread. 

"Abhi, we need to go grocery shopping ", I say.

"We? You want us to go shopping for grocery. I have never done that. "

"She's not here so we have to go and let today will be your first"

"Don't you have to go to work today?"

"Not now but for sometime in the evening . What about you?"