Chapter 14: Baking A Pie With Your Crush.

How the hell do you bake a pie?

When I woke up this morning I went downstairs and saw mom sitting on the couch skimming through her recipe book, and she told me she was looking for her pecan pie recipe and then she had to go to work, it sucks being an adult, so I took it on myself to bake her a pie.

Only problem is, I have no idea how to bake, Sophia usually does all this but she's asleep and I don't want to wake up the beast.

So I am in a pickle.

Oh and I found mom's recipe, it's just so long, it has around thirty different steps and looks extremely difficult.

"You okay?" I hear a voice ask.

I look up and see Oliver standing next to the front door, how did he even get in here?

"I have a key." He said, woah did he just read my mind?

"Are you okay?" He came closer and put his hand on my forehead, I think he is checking my temperature.

"I'm fine." I swatted his hand away.

"Then what are you doing?" He asked.

"I am trying to make a pie." I turned back to the cook book.

Oliver grabbed the cook book and looked at the recipe, "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I want to help you." He stated.

"Do you have all of the ingredients?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I was planning to go to the grocery store."

"Okay, let's write down what we need and we'll go."

♪♪♪

"So.. what do we need again?" I ask for the fifth time in the last ten minutes.

"Pecans, flour, butter, brown sugar and corn syrup." He listed.

"Okay." I started pushing the cart.

Hey I am getting deja vue.

"Do you even know where you're going?" He asked.

"Nope." I shook my head.

He chuckled and then suddenly I saw hands coming up next to my waist and gripping the cart, then I felt Oliver's presence behind me, it's definitely getting hot in here.

He redirected the cart towards a different isle and stopped near the baking one.

I have been here before, it's just that I have a horrible sense of direction.