CHAPTER 9: WEAKENED

ALEXONDRA'S POV

I bit my lip nervously as I listen at Roberto with the others' conversation on the other room. They were talking about their first failed mission in history that happened recently.

"Like, how could we fail this mission? That would have been a piece of cake if none of us turned their backs!" One of the detectives stated in frustration. I bowed my head a little. I'm just a wall away from their conversation.

"I swear it's any of our team! What do we gain from turning against you, boss?" One of the spies said.

"I know. You don't have to worry about that betraying thing." I heard Roberto said calmly. I knew in myself that I'm no longer worthy of their trust and their teamwork.

"What are you planning?" One of his military men asked in confusion. I closed my eyes after hearing his next words.

"I will find the traitor myself and will do everything in my power to give them severe punishment that they wish they shouldn't have betrayed the team in the place. I assure you all." Roberto replied in a very serious tone.

I fell on the floor slowly on my butt while leaning on the wall. I bit my tongue to prevent myself from bursting into tears. Now, I'm more scared than ever before if Roberto found my betrayal. I was pulling my hair in frustration.

"It's only natural for all of you to react this way because this never happened in our team." Roberto sigh. "It's okay to suspect anyone..." he continued.

"Who's the new recruit in our team again?" His best detective asked.

Wait... my heart suddenly stopped beating while hearing those words. I have my mouth gaped open while listening silently.

"Red Butterfly." Roberto simply replied.

"Who is she, exactly?" His best detective asked as I started to wabble in fear. No wonder that that detective's brain is the center of Roberto's gang. He's very smart.

"Blue Blood's Wife." Roberto replied again.

"You mean Kashimoto? The man who died during his wedding?" The best detective asked in surprize.

I frowned.

Takeru's a part of this gang? H-He never told me. And he's hiding from the code name of Blue Blood? I suddenly got even more interested to listen.

"You should have told us before, Black Mamba! Do you even know who we're dealing with?!" The best detective's voice boomed inside the room in annoyance.

Roberto remained silent. What are they talking about?

"I'm telling all of you inside of this room, Kashimoto might be dead but his soul will kill us soon." The best detective stated in devastation then I heard a punch on the table.

"You don't have to punch the table, J.I." Roberto said after a few minutes then I heard a chair being moved. Someone probably stood up. "Kashimoto is one of the very few people I trust. You're right that he's already dead..."

Kashimoto? Why are they involving my husband here?

"...but he's not our enemy. Our enemy right now is his little brother." Roberto continued in a very firm but calm tone.

Huh? Takeru has a little brother?

"Dark Salamander, huh?" One of them replied with a playing tone. "I never thought that Kashimoto's own little brother would kidnapped his son. What a terrible uncle."

Huh?

"Why didn't you kill Dark Salamander when you had the chance in the past, Black Mamba?" The best detective asked in a questioning tone.

I heard nothing from Roberto.

"Because he's your best friend's little brother?" The best detective mocked.

"Exactly." Roberto simply replied as I heard the booming laugh of the best detective. He's laughing his stomach so hard that I can even hear him following his breath.

"You've turned soft, boss. What happened to you? What happened to the authoritative you, MISTER. BILLIONAIRE?!" The best detective asked harshly after laughing so hard.

I still hear nothing again from Roberto. So, I pushed my ear on the wall as near as I could so I'll at least hear something for his reply.

"I can't believe that the great Black Mamba is getting softer and softer with the years passing by." The best detective continued acidly. "I'm not just a detective here Black Mamba but I'm your advisor. I will tell you that we hate to see a weakened leader to lead us."

I heard a smirk.

"Looks like you wanted to say that you want me to resign as your leader so YOU, J.I., will be leader?" J.I? Who's J.I.? "Detective J.I., am I right?" Roberto asked mockingly.

"Don't change the subject Black Mamba. It's unprofessional..." The detective's mocking tone suddenly changed into a roar.

"To tell you the truth, I really intended to show that I'm weakened because..." Roberto voice turned deep. "...because I want to know your motives in joining my team."

The room turned silent again.

"Just do as you please, boss. Let's say, none of us in here wanted to change your position but our goal right now is to pull down the traitor among the team." The detective stated in defeat before hearing a round of applause.

"You don't have to torture yourself about the traitor. Just do your work and I'll unmask the traitor soon. Meeting adjourned." Roberto announced for the last time as they all started getting out of the room one by one.

Each of them were looking at me as they pass me by. I lowered my head to look at my feet before running away from them.

I still can't believe that Dark Salamander is my husband's little brother.

***