74. The Same

"No," I replied, pulling the blanket over my head.

"Jungkook," Lana repeated. "Get up, or I will jump on you."

It had been a week since Everyone treated me as if I was a cracked glass. Everyone except Lana. That girl was the only one to treat me the way she treated me before Clay. Lana didn't know about my history with rape. no one did.

"Fuck off, I'm depressed," I said, waving her off.

"That's a mental issue. You're physically fine," she retorted, pulling the covers off me.

I groaned and got up, my comfort stripped away from me. "What do you want?" I asked.

"Did you forget what today is?" she asked. I sighed in exhaustion and waited for her to continue. "Hoseok's parents are coming."

I looked at her blankly. "Clay is dead. His stupid scientist brain is rotting in the dungeon," I replied.

"Well the idiot also told us what he'd be doing. Maybe not the details, but keep in mind that I was a Hematologist doing my own research back on Jupiter," she said. It didn't take long for someone on Jupiter to become a doctor. Mainly due to the fact that most of the cures were just 3 milligrams of silver injected in the vein. A vandorm was the only place where people could get silver.

(Vandorm: hospital: language Blasaedan)

"Fine. But why do I need to meet them?" I asked.

"Because you're his mate," she said.

"So?" I mumbled, dragging myself to the bathroom to clean up.

-

"So you're Nighter?" Hoseok's mother asked, standing in front of me. I nodded, not in the mood to talk yet not wanting to be disrespectful. "How old are you?"

"20," I replied. She broke into a smile, stepping closer to me and squishing my cheeks. I instinctively grabbed her wrists, staring at her in surprise. Her husband pulled away.

"Honey, let's focus on Hoseok," he said. He looked at Seokjin. "You can wake him up?"

"We can try. but we need your consent to draw Hoseok's blood for testing-" Seokjin was cut off.

"Do it. Do whatever you have to do," Hoseok's father replied. I watched with a blank stare yet a mind filled with thoughts.

"You may want to make a decision after taking the test into consideration-"

"Why would you risk Hoseok's happiness and life?" I asked, grabbing their attention. "That is a potential side effect of the test along with others. Another possibility would be death, which cannot be traced by the tests. Or he could wake up with aggressive mannerisms, no empathy or sympathy whatsoever. He could even be in pain for the rest of his life. He could have a weak immune system, so he would be stuck in solitary confinement for the rest of his life. This entire thing is a risk. There's only a 0.1% chance of Hoseok waking up perfectly fine."

Hoseok's father had tears streaming down her face, contemplating life, his mother was blank and his sister glared at the floor.

"Is this true?" his sister asked Namjoon. He nodded.

"We'll be using Nighter's blood to wake him up. From where he comes, mates can medically aid each other, but with severe side effects," he explained. "But we are not aware of such effects on were-dragons. We don't know what may happen."

"Then why propose this to us? Why give us this false sense of hope? DO you really think we would be selfish and choose our little boy to suffer just because we spend time with him?" the mother asked, anger evident in her sharp tone. She looked at me. "You. You're honest. Tell me why this was even a suggestion."

"So far, it's the only option you have. Like I said, it's the possibility of death that is not calculated. Everything else can be calculated through a blood test. We just need your consent for blood tests. The results can be discussed after," I explained. "I would recommend talking to Lana, not me. She's the Hematologist, I'm just a florist."

"You have our consent," Hoseok's sister said.