NINETEEN

The next morning Bada's bed seemed more inviting, the space she occupied with Jakda and Geomeun curled up against her one she didn't wish to move from and for a moment, she wondered if she really could, as if her form had been glued on the sheets like a magnet to iron. Her lips were curled into a smile and when she opened her eyes and blinked around the room, she noticed she had woken up just a few minutes earlier than her alarm clock. Even though she didn't wish to leave the bed, she was well-rested still.

She was slow to pull herself up, her dark hair remaining on her pillow, like a long curtain that had no choice but to dangle from its position in front of a window. She made sure her alarm clock wouldn't make a sound, sent a quick look at her cats to ensure she hadn't bothered them and then slowly she left the bed, headed right for the bathroom to shower.

Her lips still seemed to tingle from Harry's kiss last night, the muscles around her mouth were strained with how much she had smiled and laughed. Bada thought she was happy.

She got ready quickly and so she arrived to the Ministry a few minutes earlier than she was supposed to. She got on the lift, got off on the second level. She had just stepped out when she noticed Anthia a few ways away, getting ready to be lost in her own part of the floor. The moment she saw her, though, she stopped, turned to face her.

"You look different," she said in lieu of greeting, her gaze taking in her appearance—the same dark and comfortable clothing, her hair set in the same bun as it always was—yet there was nothing she could make out. She narrowed her eyes at her. "You look...Pleased."

Bada chuckled as she shrugged, "I'm in a good mood, you could say that. You, on the other hand, look like you could have slept a bit more."

"Is that not always true?" Anthia argued, although there was a small smile on her lips to indicate she was unbothered by that little fact. "I thought we had established I run on coffee."

"I honestly don't know how you manage it," Bada admitted with a small chuckle and a brief shake of her head. She started heading to her own department. "I'll see you around, Anthia."

She echoed the statement and so the two of them left to different directions. Bada was rather relieved her relationship with Anthia had been mended after they had talked that evening in her house. She didn't want to make an enemy, especially when she knew her sister was a great danger to her already. She was glad they could find it in themselves to listen to each other.

When she reached their office, Draco and Theodore were already there. She greeted them at once, brushed past them with a smile directed at both of them as she headed to her desk. The two men exchanged a look before they both turned their chairs around to face her.

"You look rather enthusiastic today," Theodore mused, his curiosity evident by his tone and the light twinkle in his bright azure eyes. "What happened?"

For a moment, Bada entertained the thought of not telling them. Then she thought of all they've been through, all things they knew about her. She realized knowing what had happened last night would be something they would like to know.

"I stayed late yesterday without meaning to. Harry was here as well and after a while he suggested we left since I wouldn't be able to think of anything important in such a state and that we went to his house."

"His house?" Draco asked, a brow raising as he shared a look with Theodore. "What for?"

"So he could cook me a meal because he claimed I was tired," she explained, attempting to pay no heed to the look they exchanged this time. "I thought of Jakda and Geomeun since they are alone and I refused but suggested he came to my apartment instead, and so that's what we did. He insisted on cooking me dinner."