TWENTY

When Bada landed, she didn't expect the house that had called for the signal to have been turned into a battlefield. Even from the garden, she could make out the beams of light that could have been caused only by curses sent this way and that. She rushed in the house.

The first thing she saw was Anthia, hiding behind the kitchen counter, and right next to her was a woman with light pink hair and circular glasses. Anthia's gaze fell to the door at once when it opened and at the sight of Bada, her eyes widened. Bada didn't have the chance to say a word, her gaze trailing instead on the one attacking Anthia and the other woman. Her eyes widened at once.

"Hae," she spoke, at the same time as her sister noticed her as well. At once, she switched tactics, sent a curse right at Bada. But Hae had never been a skilled dueller and it was easy for Bada to deflect her curse.

"I've waited for this moment a long time, sister," Hae spoke, her voice low, hate simmering right beneath the surface. Behind Bada, her four colleagues appeared, watching her with wide eyes. Hae looked around, seemed to be calculating her position before her lips turned into a small smirk. Her gaze rested on Theodore right as Bada started to walk over, her lips parted and she spoke.

"Kill-"

Bada grabbed her arm and turned on the spot, leaving behind in the house her colleagues along with Anthia and Lauren, Theodore's wand already raised even though the compel had not been completed yet.

Bada apparated on the cliff near the beach she had been to a few days ago when she had needed to swim. Hae finally managed to break free from her when they landed and didn't waste a moment to send a curse flying right at her. Bada dodged it.

"Stop!" she called out, her expression reluctant, her arm left hanging at her side. "This is madness!"

"Madness?" Hae questioned, her eyes on fire, rage personified. She raised her wand at her. "This is revenge! That's what you get, Bada. Your actions have consequences!"

"I didn't mean to," she called out, desparate. "It was an accident! What you are doing is no accident though and the consequences to your actions will be a lot more severe."

Hae let out a loud laugh, her hold on her wand so tight her fingers had started to get pale. She slashed her wand in Bada's direction and so their fight began.

Bada had always been a better dueller than Hae. She deflected the curses Hae sent her way, though, not wishing to fight still. She fell to a defensive stance, effortlessly keeping Hae at bay. Hae, on the other hand, didn't seem to be faring as well as Bada did. Her jaw was tense, she was gritting her teeth and she was starting to sweat as every each one of her attacks, each more powerful than the other, didn't give her the desired result and despite her ferocious attacks, she seemed to be losing.

She was not meant to be a dueller, that was for sure. There was a reason Hae had ended up becoming a reporter and Bada an Auror and during this battle that reason was only becoming more apparent. From the defensive, Bada easily picked up on the offensive.

She sent curse after curse at Hae, each one stronger than the other and not before long Hae's shield was sent crumbling. With Bada's next spell her wand fell to the ground behind her. Hae stepped back from the force of the spell, her foot landed right on her wand. Bada thought she heard the exact moment the wand broke.

"No," Hae breathed out, her eyes widening in horror as she pulled her foot back to gaze at the broken parts of her wand. "No, no, no no no-"

"Give up, Hae," Bada called out, not taking a step closer, watching her from a short distance. "It's over."

"You," she snarled as she sent her a glare unlike any other.

"You forced my hand, Hae," she continued, took a step closer this time. "It's over."