McMystery at McDuck Manor

Season 1, Episode 11: McMystery at McDuck Manor

It's a relatively normal day at McDuck Manor. Mrs. Beakley and Webby carry luggage bags to the front door and set them down. A crossbow falls out of Webby's bag.

"Ugh, Webby. A crossbow?" Mrs. Beakley asks raising an eyebrow.

"Webby sighs apologetically, "Sorry, Granny." Webby takes the crossbow to her room and returns with a long bow and quiver of arrows.

"That's better." Mrs. Beakley praises.

"What's all this?" Dewey asks as the triplets and Ella walk over to them.

"Hey, guys! Every year. I brush up on my survivor skills on a secret island-" Webby says excited only for Mrs. Beakley to clear her throat.

"It's not a secret if you tell us Webby." Ella explains to Webby who chuckles nervously.

"I-I Mean, a, a, a regular island young warriors definitely don't combat the forces of nature and each other." Webby says nervously. A Grenade rolls out of her pack; she kicks it away for Mrs. Beakley to catch and place in her bag, "Y-you know, it's girl stuff."
Ella raises an eyebrow.

 "I gotta go!" Donald yells running down the stairs, past everyone and into his car driving off.

Ella's eyebrows raise even more and she looks to Beakley concerned and confused.

"WHy is everyone running off?" Huey asks just as confused and concerned as Ella.

Beakley sighs, "You would figure it out sooner or later." Beakley whispers to the group, "Today is Mr. McDuck's birthday." Beakley says.

The triplets and Ella exclaim in surprise.

"I forgot the guy could even have a birthday." Ella mutters to herself earning a amused smile from Beakley.

"Okay people, we are in crisis party planning mode! Louie, you start a guest list. Dewey-" Huey exclaims before taking order only for Beakley to interrupt him.

"Absolutely not. Mr. McDuck has a strict no birthday party rule. He hates the reminder that's he's-" Beakley is interrupted by Louie.

"Literally the oldest person he knows?" Louie teases causing Dewey to burst into laughter and Huey cracks a smile while Ella facepalms.

"But our most epic relative deserves the most epic party ever!" Huey exclaims with a big smile.

"Eh, I don't know. He hasn't had a good one since before his old butler Duckworth died." Webby says unsure gesturing to a portrait of DuckWorth dusting a Portrait of Scrooge.

"Okay, be honest, has that always been there and I hadn't noticed or does this portrait come and go?" Ella whispers to Beakley gesturing to the portrait.

"It's always been there, dear." Beakley chuckles.

"And then there is the fact that his best friend isn't around anymore... He hates celebrating his birthday without her..." Webby says remembering the kind hearted, smart and beautiful duck who would come by every year on his birthday before it all just stopped, for some reason.

"Like this stuffy old guy could beat the party I threw for the Junior Woodchuck party Planning Committee. It was both work... and play. I'm-" Huey begins ranting 

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Beakley says grabbing her luggage and heading for the door.

Webby runs up to Ella to give her a hug, "If I don't come back, tell my story." Webby told her before following after Beakley.