:::::Chapter 33:::::

"I think you're the most beautiful girl that I've ever met," says a voice from behind me. I turn around to face the person who said those words.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I just came to see how you're doing," he says.

"So, you followed me here to my father's grave?"

"Yeah."

"Stalker," I remark. A smile plays across his face.

He walks towards me. "You really love your Dad, right?" He asks.

"Yes," I reply. "I wish he would've been alive to give me advice on how to cope with my current situation." Charles keeps quiet.

"Charles, why does Alarick hate me so much?" I ask.

"Chriselda, he doesn't hate you," he says.

"He hates me. He admitted it today."

"Chriselda, I can assure you that Alarick doesn't hate you."

"Yes, he does. That's the reason why he wants to break his bond with me."

"Chriselda, there's something you should know," he says seriously. "Alarick saved your pack because he-because he ca-Ugh!" He exclaims in frustration. "I really want to tell you but he ordered me to not tell you. No matter how much I want to go against his order, you know I can't."

I can totally understand him. When your Alpha orders you to do something, you cannot go against his order no matter how much you try to. I turn back to my father's grave. "Dad, this is Charles and I consider him as one of my best friends," I say as I pull Charles to my side. He smiles at me.

"Hello Mr. Turner," he says while looking at Dad's grave. I can tell that he's not making fun of me but is genuinely trying to make me feel better. "You've got a wonderful daughter, sir." I can't help but laugh. "Why are you laughing?" He asks.

"Because you're talking to my Dad as if you're my boyfriend who's meeting my Dad for the first time," I say. He laughs along with me. After sharing a laugh between us, we go silent.

"Chriselda, you're brave," Charles says all of a sudden.

"Why do you think that I'm brave?" I ask.

"You're brave because you continue to visit your father's grave even after so many years," he says. "I last visited Rebecca's grave at her funeral and after that, I couldn't bring myself to visit her grave again. Her grave is a constant reminder of my helplessness as I watched her die right in front of my eyes. I couldn't do anything to save her. Everyday, I think of visiting her grave but I know that I will break down at the sight of her grave. I don't want to go through all that pain again." He wipes his tears away. I know he's trying to be strong.

"I think you should visit her grave," I say.

He shakes his head. "I won't be able to."

"Charles, I can tell that you're trying to run away from reality. You know that your mate is dead but you don't want to believe it. You think that all this is a never ending nightmare but you need to realize that this is reality. You need to face the harsh reality that your mate is dead. You should visit her grave. You will feel better. Trust me," I try to convince him as I put my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me and slowly nods his head.

● ● ● ● ●

Charles and I are standing in front of Rebecca's grave. Charles has a pained expression on his face as he looks at his mate's grave. "I cannot do this," he says and turns around. I grab his arm when he tries to walk away. I turn him so that he faces me. I see a tear rolling down his cheek. I wipe that tear and grab his shoulders.