Chapter 68: From the Unknown

~~~

Naruto had found an area where he could hide out before making his move. A very familiar, and nostalgic aroma graced his nose.

It's been awhile since I last been here. Naruto thought to himself, as he saw his old home. With nowhere to go, he decided to go back to the place he had originated from.

The place where his goal had been created.

Years ago, he didn't think he would go back here after arriving at Konohagakure. But he was wrong about that one.

Now, I wonder. Naruto thought to himself, walking around the parameter of the house. He found the area where he had killed Yukari and buried both her and Madara.

"This should be it," He whispered to himself, digging the spot up. If his memory served him right, their bodies wouldn't have been that far down.

"Hm?" As Naruto kept digging, he didn't feel a single rotting, dead corpse. He narrowed his eyes as he saw what was in front of him.

Their bodies are gone. Naruto thought, his eyes wide as he saw only a bloody residue left on the dirt. Was it Obito who had done this?

There's no way he could've done that. He doesn't know where this was located. Even then, the dirt shouldn't have set so fast. There would've been residue of his work left behind, but there is none of that. Naruto knew someone else had done it.

Since Obito doesn't know where this is located, there has to be someone else pulling the strings here. Someone who is moving behind the scenes unnoticed. A person suddenly popped within his head.

Zetsu. He's very much an unnoticed person who doesn't particularly stand out much. But he knows a lot of things - too much things, perhaps. Naruto thought, it clicked to him now.

After some time, Zetsu must've arrived here, knowing Madara's body would be here. He has been knowing all this time.

If that's the case, then Madara lied about Zetsu not knowing about my location. Or did he not know about Zetsu knowing? No, that can't be it. Someone so minor wouldn't leave his radar. Naruto planted the dirt back in place.

That just means that they were in cahoots. If this is perhaps true, then they must've left out both Obito and me out of the loop - well, Obito especially. Naruto walked back in the house.

This only meant one thing.

They had been prepared for his potential betrayal. Not only will he have to face Obito, but he will also have to face Madara if they try and bring him back to life.

But they don't have the Rinnegan just yet, so he does have time to prepare for the inevitable duel between them in the future.

Right now, what I need to do is to find the rest of the Akatsuki mem-! His thoughts were suddenly interrupted due to an intense pain coursing through his body.

Shit! It's happening again. He grit his teeth, crashing on the wooden floor. As blood escaped from his mouth, the pain wouldn't stop.

"The Hashirama Cells are rejecting your body," Kurama told him, knowing that he could possibly die due to the intake.