────── twenty-three

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

═══ WHO WILL SAVE US? ═══

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

WANDERING LOWER AND LOWER in the sky, the sun resembled a glowing orange orb, casting its light across Tokyo. His black hair reflected the sunlight, making it appear as embers in a dying fire. Shinichiro felt frustration creeping up on him, but he was reluctant to let it grab a hold on him.

He had sent out several Black Dragons to search their turf for any sign of Akiko, Chifuyu and Baji, whereas Mikey had given the same orders to Toman. When Shinichiro had tried to get in touch with Seina, he only got through to her voicemail and no one answered the door when he mercilessly rang the bell at her apartment.

An elderly couple emerged from the apartment next door, giving him curious eyes.

"If you're looking for that young woman," the wife spoke up, "you won't have any luck. She left at sunrise with some blond man and hasn't come back since."

His mind immediately jumped to a conclusion. Itachi had gotten his hands on Seina. He had probably taken her to see their father, given that she had interfered with the man's plan and his ruthlessness wouldn't stop him from killing his own flesh and blood.

After a quick thank you, Shinichiro hurried back to his motorcycle and raced to the Sano house, where grandfather Sano was doing his best to comfort Emma, whereas Mikey and Draken stood off to the side whispering.

Everyone stared at Shinichiro when he pushed open the door and stumbled inside. "I think Pandemonium got their hands on Seina, too. Itachi took her."

"Or she could have been working with them all along," Draken retorted. "At this point, we have to expect the worst."

"The fight against Moebius and Valhalla will happen nonetheless," added Mikey, face void of emotion. "Hanma made that much clear."

"How did Valhalla even manage to rebuild themselves this quickly?" wondered Draken.

"That is Pandemonium's influence for you," Shinichiro said, taking a seat at the table, slinging an arm around Emma.

The blonde looked up at him with puffy eyes and blotchy cheeks from all the crying she had done. "Will you save Akiko?"

Hugging her tightly, Shinichiro met his brother's eyes, seeing the tiniest spark of determination in them. "We'll get her back, whatever it takes."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

──── ˚✩ ༘*ೄ˚ ────

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ