The Party Formation 01

On Raziel's second day, he was on the counter again.

His routine book reading continued as he waited for his personal guards to come. His nose stuck on the book now with his trusty quail pen and ink prepared by his side.

He was now planning to create proper medicine. He is once again starting from scratch as they never really had herbs to use as medicine in his time period. Only those laser beams that can numb ones pain and the cell restoration machines that can revive or eliminate cells in the body.

But none of those are as useful as this. The machines cannot even cure a simple cough.

Writing formulas, the boy tried to weight estimations for how much he'd use from one plant to another. He's going to try them later on, but for now, where the hell was his personal guard?

The young man lifted his head trying to sense if the guard is already here without his notice. But unfortunately, none was there.

He looked back down to his sheets while earning a curious glance at the innkeeper who did not understood the young one's formulas.

For him, it looked like scribbles. But seeing as Raziel was too focused on it, he couldn't help but think that it was no ordinary letters.

"What are you doing now?" Mariam, one of the inn's waitress placed a hand on her waist as she peeked through the redhead's--who's hair is now dyed brown-- shoulder and saw the foreign letters.

Hearing her question, Raziel brightened up. He cannot refuse queries about his theoretical analysis and hypothesis. "I'm formulating some medicine." He replied.

"And how would those scribbles help?" Mariam raised her eyebrow.

"Ah!" The boy snapped as though he had just realised. "My father taught it to me. It's easier to calculate like this." He explained through the equations that he showed.

"Is that so? Where are you from, kiddo?" She asked.

"I'm from Dorma." He replied.

"And why did you decide to come in such a busy capital in Roan alone?"

"Oh, I'm attending my friend's party." He explained. "He invited me so I came."

"What a nice friend you are. But you shouldn't go alone. Did your parents allowed you?"

"Mhmm" Raziel hummed in agreement. "I'm old enough anyway so dad always allowed me." With a personal guard, but not the point.

The man looked at him not convinced with his explanation. Just what kind of father allows his kid to travel from Dorma to Roan alone? He wondered.

When Raziel finished up with his first medicinal hypothesis, he closed his notes and removed his glasses before pinching the bridge of his nose. The slight daze hit him when he removed his eyeglasses but it adjusted after.

In the middle of his long awaited rest, the young man began to feel a strong mana approaching. A mana he felt the other day but soon dispersed. He sensed it for a while, tracing what it was doing as it moved around like it was in search of something.

On his search, another humanly strong mana was following as well. It seemed to be a strong mage... but not enough to threaten him, the same as the mana that was moving around.

It was getting closer and closer until the tavern door slammed open with no one pushing it.

Ackk--!

Before Raziel knew it he felt a strong pressure hit his stomach. The pain wasn't really too much but it was strong enough to push him down and get knocked on the floor.