What ?

Sitting there with hands resting on her knees, fidgeting digits and nervous chewing on her inner cheek, she couldn't hide the subtle signs of her anxious state. Why was it so hard for her to ask him that ? It was most likely because of the fact that the possibility of this just being her imagination and not Levi confessing his feelings could turn into a feeling of being rejected. But he was still with her, wasn't he ? He would still share his bed and hold her at night, protect her and kiss her with possessiveness. But what if he didn't want to get his feelings too involved ? What if he hasn't said it because he doesn't feel he could love her ? Was she setting her expectations too high just to feel disappointed if he rejected her ? How embarrassing could it be that he denies ever saying a thing ?

" Levi... " Even saying his first name was so intimate and it set the mood for her question, her voice quiet and almost as if asking about a secret. " I wanted to ask you about last night... "

" Hm ? Speak up, brat. You're talking too quietly. "

Fuck, clearing her throat, she took a deep breath and started over. " Last night. I heard something. I mean, I heard you--- "

Knock, knock, knock.

FUCKING SHIT.

" State your name and business. " Levi requested towards the door as per usual just to receive no response and the door swinging open instead.

" I'm your commander and my business is the report for the last expedition. " Yes, the tall blond of bushy brows approached his desk without a second of hesitation, only addressing her with a brief polite nod, which she responded by standing up and giving him the respectful sign of her fist against her chest.

Uncomfortable wouldn't be enough to describe the feeling swirling in the pit of her stomach, the man standing next to her, their Commander who not long ago had his face between her legs and then somewhat confessed to her was now acting as if none of that had ever happened. She should be thankful about that, right ? But it was still as uncomfortable as running into your ex partner at work, pretending to barely know each other in spite of everything that went down between them.

" Cadet, why aren't you training ? It's almost noon. " The blond directed the question towards her, sending a glance down at her startled expression.

" Because she will be quitting the survey corps. " Levi immediately responded for her without hesitation.

" I will what ? "

ווו×

Author's note: SHE WILL WHAT ?