Stories

I fix my clothes and straighten my shirt. You never really think about how you actually look until you're at the door. Once you knock, you have no idea how long until they answer. They could be busy or not welcoming guests into their home. Both are understandable when you dropped by unannounced.

I didn't really send a text or anything, not sure of my mom's answer of being allowed to visit. I guess it's not really my house so it's even completely up to her. Which made playdates very stressful as a kid. Your friends' mom might not want more children to look after for hours at a time.

But this is highschool. 11th and 12th grade. Most kids can drive wherever they want, with their parents permission of course to take the car if they don't have their own. Speaking of, my mom is still waiting in the car incase no one answers the door.

I don't think that'll be neccessary since the doorknob gets turned. I glance back at mom and gesture for her to leave. Soon enough, her car pulls out of their driveway.

"(Y/n), uh hi! What- what are you doing here? I thought- I thought you wanted a.. raincheck?"

Ranboo stands tall over me, letting go of the knob and watches me carefully. He's wearing a plain white t-shirt with some light sweatpants. Must be his around-the-house outfit. After school I like to get comfy, too.

"I change my mind."

Is all I said before he invited me in.

~

"So you were at Wilbur's?" Ranboo asks from the edge of his bed, sitting criss cross. He's oddly flexible.

"Yeah.. about that. It was more of a surprise than anything. I was walking home and..," I pause, debating on telling him. I should, right? I mean, I declined his offer to hangout and then I showed up anyway? I could give some information at least. "I ran into a.. friend."

He nods, taking in the information. I swivel in his spinny chair again, just like last time I was here. That was a fun day. And a little embarrassing. I look back at the wall since I'm thinking about it, and there it lies, the same sticky note doodle he made of me. It's not realistic, but I think that was the point. Just a sketch.

"What.. oh. That. Yeah." He plays a nervous laugh when he looks at the sticky note, too. He must remember our very odd conversation with it. I can't believe I wanted to take it down. It seems like he put in so much effort for such a small drawing.

"Hey."
"Mhm?"
"You should draw that again. Just at a larger scale."
"No way. Not- not a chance. It would suck."

He laughs. I would usually persist on asking again, but today I just don't feel like it. Maybe it's supposed to stay small. You can put it wherever you want without it overlapping something else.

A few seconds of silence pass by. We're both distracted by fiddling with random objects around us. Me with the chair and it's arm rest, and Ranboo with the strings on his sweatpants. He looks so good in them though, I wonder why he wears jeans all the time.

"Um.. why.. why did you suddenly change your mind..?"

Of course. That question was going to be asked at some point. I was just hoping for a bit more time until then. I sigh and turn myself to look towards him.

"I.. changed my mind. Like I said earlier."
"You really think I believe that?"

He looks up and stops fiddling with the strings. He leans back and keeps himself up with his arms, hands flat on the bed. I can see his chest risen and fall when he breathes.

"Darn, what a bummer. Oh well."
"Hey!" He shouts and laughs. Making me giggle.

"Kidding. I was with Wilbur, that's true. Just not the full story."
"Well I wanna hear the full story."
"I knew you would. Only if I get to play with your hair again!"