.27

| Eleanor |

Just how many buildings this family had?

With sun beaming down on me, my hands on my hips I stared at the sleek building with The Harrison Tower gleaming in the sun. People from different walk of life were going in and out. Teens, business people, oldies . .they had one thing in common.

Filthy rich.

As I walked towards the entrance, my head was hammering with different kinds of thoughts. Dean, as in Ryan's brother , had been the one to beat him up?

How far would Dean go to hurt Ryan? His older brother? Did he even consider him a brother?

My spine chilled at the harrowing thought.

Was he the one giving him bruises left and right?

The culprit behind his state?

While on my way, I had googled his address . .not exactly. The internet loaded up with websites of Harrison boutique, Harrison salon, Harrison this and that. .

And then I landed on this tower.

I knew Dean wouldn't be living in the same place as Ryan because of their obvious relationship. Tense and strained.

He would choose another place and Harrison had only two buildings that comprised of apartments and oh well, Dean was about to get hit by a shit storm.

Damn Ryan for never uttering a single word. .

"Should have known it," Muttering to myself I walked in through the revolving door and what do I get inside?

Rolling my eyes at the grand scheme of things, I tried not to let the stereotypical rich people and place hit me.

To be honest, I had no idea what the heck I was doing here or what was I suppose to say to the little shit.

Maybe break his bones?

I just. .let my anger consume me.

Lead the way.

That's how people with issues act.

Walking to the reception with a very pretty blonde tapping away on the computer, I cleared my throat loudly.

Blue eyes glanced at me, a professional smile stuck to her face.

"Hi, how may I help you?"

Can you wipe off that smile? I'm not in the mood to return it!

"Uh yeah , about that. It's kinda complicated but I hope you would get the gist," I chuckled awkwardly.

She continued to smile.

"Can you tell me which room is Dean Harrison staying at?" I cut through the chase.

"Are you Daisy's sister? She did say something about a big sister dropping by." She asked in a sugar coated voice.

Daisy?

"Yes, I'm. She sent me here." I said trying to sound and look confident.

And the she frowned.

"Is there a problem in the paradise?" She asked me , her eyes trained on the screen.

"No. . everything is fine." I smiled , gritting my teeth.

She hmmed.

God lady! Just tell me the God damn—

"Oh! I'm sorry. I'm holding you up."

I had nothing but a condescending smile to offer.

"Dean is at apartment 6."

××××××××××××

With a blank mind, I went towards the lift and let the man inside take over.

It pinged to life and as we moved up. .I sighed.

Some of my anger dissipating.

I wasn't talking to Ryan.

Ryan wasn't talking to me.

Ryan was after Dean.

Dean was beating him up.

The whole story reeked of a badly cooked meal.

So the distant brother wasn't talking with tongue but with fists huh?

Forgiveness will find its way.

Yeah, sure. Like how that piece of shit pounded you into pulp and you let him, Ryan . .

You let him!

My veins fired up again because he had been kind to me when I hadn't been kind to myself. He had been soft with me when I had been nothing but harsh.

How the heck did Dean get his hands on my man?!

The lift halted to a stop and as the door slipped opened , I stepped out. .more determined than ever.

He won't know what hit him.

And I was probably bluffing.

Because really, what could I do—

Ugh! It wasn't the time to berate myself!

×××××××××××

It wasn't hard to find his damn place.

Turning around the corner , his den was the first. As I clucked my tongue, I got stuck on how to get in?

The doorbell? A knock?

But it wasn't a problem because the door was slightly ajar. .like someone had just walked in. Looked creepy as hell but a girl got to do what she got to do.

This is it, Eleanor.

Taking a deep breath, I placed my hand hand on the door and pushed it all the way back.

No person inside. .a bunch of couches and . .I stepped in. Noticing nothing out of place.

Standing in the middle of the room, I had to think on how to find him, locate his bedroom and that's when I heard the first crash and thump.

As if a body had hit the floor . .

My blood went cold and my eyes widened with fear. .I wasn't so sure about myself now. . freezing on the spot I glanced at the door I shut.

Another thump and a shout.

That made me turn around at the source of voice. . because I knew that voice more than anything. The tips of my fingers went ice cold.

A feeling gnawed at my insides to stop! Turn around and run!

Placing my hand on the wall tentatively, I moved in towards the room . .

"—you can't seem to leave me alone! Accept the truth!! I hate you! There's no one I hate more than you! You thought you would drop in and fix everything?!! " Shouts filled with anguish burned my ears.

The pain in it so deep, it tugged at my heart.

"Listen to me! I'm sorry! I have regretted it every day of my life! We're family! We are bound by blood—,"

He cried out.

And I couldn't listen anymore.

I went hurling in.

The door hit the wall with a loud bang and what I saw in front of me made me take a sharp intake of breath.

×××××××××××××