6-

A girl in her late twenties with impeccable beauty was seated besides a woman with similar features as that to her mother-in-law. It was indeed Saira , the beloved niece of her mother-in-law . Any man would bow  down with the power of her beauty and on top of that she was a doctor , a practicing gynaecologist beauty with brains . Maheen felt insecure infront of her . It was at times like these when she wished she could have complete her degree at the age of twenty three rather than twenty five selected the field of IT rather than science in which she had no interest .

"Assalam walaikum " Maheen said her Salam to the women and sat beside Dadi Jan .

"Faisu kahan hae " Dadi Jan asked her in a low voice

"Aa rahe haen " she replied back

"Iss chudail sae door rakho usko "

"Kaese rakhoon mein Dadi Jan ? " Maheen felt her brain freeze

"Maere pe chod do " Dadi Jan patted her hand

A while later Maheen came out of the kitchen with a tray of food when at the same time Faisal came down .

He stretched his hand to pick a pakora his favourite

"Kya kare rahe haen aap ! Ammi Jan phir kahein ge k mein nae khaa liye hae" she whisper yelled at him

"Don't worry, ek kaan se suno aur dosre sae nikal do , kehna mein nae khaa liye " he winked at her and followed her to the drawing room

Then Maheen realized that why Dadi Jan had warned her , with the entrance of Faisal the mother daughter duo had all of their attention on him .

"Faisal abh tou tum mujhe sae Milne bhi nahein aate ho " his aunt complained

"Khala Jan you know how busy I get with my work even my wife complains about it " he said turning his face towards Maheen who glared at him

"Abh yeh tou sirf ek working woman he samjh sakte hae " Saira said with a sickly sweet smile on her face

Maheen clenched her fists to refrain herself from saying anything

"Phir tou Khala Jan being a doctor should have never complained about Khalu's busy routine " Faisal wasn't the one to let his being degraded .

Saira smiled sheepishly at her cousin whereas her mother turned red with embarrassment .

"Faisal ! " his mother glared at him but he ignores her he eyes following his wife as she excused herself .

"Khalajan ijazat dijiye , I have a few errands to run " with that he went to his portion to look for his wife but she was not there .

He stepped inside the balcony to look for his wife but she wasn't even there . Glancing gdown he saw her sitting in a secluded corner in the garden . With hurried steps he went downstairs

"Kya padh rahe ho " he sat beside her , his arm around her .

Maheen remained silent

"Kitab ! "

"Wo mujhe dekh raha hae , I am asking about the name and author "

"Nahein batana mujhe aapko "  she said trying to get out of his arms

Faisal clicked his tongue " Maheen , I know what she did wasn't right but I took a stand for you and the next time I expect from you to take a stand for yourself ,yeh itni Badi zubaan kahan ghaeb hojate hae "

"Itni badi nahein hae , aur itnae saloon sae maere har doosre jawab par mere parents ko bad duaen de gaen aur mujhe itni sakhtiyan jheelne parein ,I swear Faisal I want to take a stand but I am afraid ,I am afraid " her voice turned into a whisper as she held her head down the tears now soaking the pages .