Chapter XXVI: A Lot Of Attention

I was smiling like a mad woman while lying in my bed with open arms. My bed was feeling extra soft and comfortable under me. Ohh, the sour lime smell of my room was stupefying. The plain white blank ceiling of my hostel room looks like the walls of some paradise. Aah! Back to heaven.

Diya's face popped up as I observed my hostel room as if I found something precious after so long. Ignoring Diya's lingering gaze I drowned in my wonderland.

I succeeded in convincing Mr. and Mrs. Jha to make me leave for college. Ofcourse without daddu Shenoy's support it was implausible. Anyways, that old man owes me.

"I checked everything. It's almost safe but isn't too small for you. Huh?!" Mr. Armaan Jha mumbled while entering my hostel room. Don't even ask how he convinced the hostel incharge to allow him in the girls hostel.

Rolling my eyes at him I sat up and took a glance at both of them. My roommate and my father both were analyzing different things at the same time.

Clearly, Mr. Jha didn't find it convenient to send me alone. So he tagged along to inspect if my college surroundings are safe for me. The problem now is that nobody knows he is my father. Also I liked it to stay that way.

"If you have checked everything you can leave now," I implied at which Mr. Jha raised his brow but kept silent. I immediately looked at Diya who was busy scrutinizing us and facepalmed.

I laughed insanely. Rising from my bed I went to where Mr. Jha stood and held his hands in mine. "I mean, it was so kind of you that you took time for me and did so much." I smiled at frowning Diya then continued, "we all know you're a busy man, so thanks. Yeah, thanks."

"What are you talking, beta?! Ofcourse I have all the time in the world for my daughter___" he was cut off by screeching Diya.

"Daughter?! Daughter___ who?!" Diya jumped, shocked. Her eyes wide, focused on the man beside me. Diya looks hungry enough to discover the drama in my life. What a nosy roommate I got!

Why is it every time that the diva is the first to know my secrets?!

I scoffed at my father, "Daughter what?!" I took my hands off of his, turned to Diya, and said the first thing that came to my mind. "Daughter. He meant to say that I'm like his daughter. He is a really wonderful person, isn't he?!"

She had her eyes narrowed and wasn't looking very convincing. But the great thing was she didn't question further.

"Hmmm!" As Diya nodded I took a breath of relief. However she turned to my father, stated,"Why did you check our room Mr. Jha?! Is there any bomb planted here?! But then you are not a Detective or Police Officer."

Mr. Jha laughed at this. I joined him forcefully. But let me tell you this is anything but funny. My father and I were laughing, where Diya was looking at us offended. Ofcourse, she didn't joke and we were laughing.

Before Diya said something I interrupted, "Diya," I again forced a laugh, to distract her from the questions she asked, "you are hilarious."