CHAPTER SIX (THE GROCERY STORE HERO)

I walk up and down the aisle of the grocery store. I was planning on making some chocolate chip cookies for Mr. William's game night.

Every two months Mr. Williams, the building manager, throws a game night for some people in the building. Most of the time, parties are not my thing, but it's really just a bunch of really competitive old people playing uno and scrabble. Plus, Mr. Williams has done so much for me since my dad died that attending a game night is the least I could do.

I found the aisle with the flour. I scan the shelves for the package with the blue stripe. Are you serious? I think. Is it really out of stock?

My eyes do a super serious search for flour with no luck. I back up and get on my tippy toes. I can see a bag with a blue stripe behind a bag that fell to its side on the top shelf. Perfect.

I reach up onto my tippy toes to get to the blue bag. My hand is nowhere near the bag. I look around for something to stand on, but there's nothing. I need that flour.

I tried one more time to get the flour with no success. An arm reaches over me and grabs it. It hands me the flour.

"Oh thank you! Me and my chocolate chip cookies are forever in your debt," I turn to see my savior and my heart speeds up, "Oh, Clay, funny running into you." I try my best to sound casual. 

"Hi," he says softly. That sounded kind of familiar, but I can't describe from where.

I shake it off. "What are you here for?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"I'm just grabbing some snacks. I have this big thing for work and I need to be stocked on snacks." He shrugs.

"Oh what do you do?" I place the flour in my cart.

"Oh, uh, computer programming."

"Fancy. I know some people who do programming type things and it's really cool." I think of George and Dream coding things for their videos.

"Yeah, it's a lot of fun." He moves his cart out of the way for a lady. "Anyways, what brings you here? Besides flour, of course."

"Oh I'm making cookies for a little game night with some people in the building." I say.

"That sounds fun. My family does that type of thing, and I love it. We haven't been able to have one in a while, though." Clay says.

"We do it every other month. They're quite a group if we're being honest." I laugh a little thinking of all the different personalities there are. It's a very random, hodgepodge of different people that go to the game nights.

"That sounds like a lot of fun." Clay's phone starts to ring. "Oh I have to take this, but it was great seeing you."

"Yeah! Thanks again for helping me." I say as I turn my cart.

I walk out of the grocery store with a stupid little smile on my face.

author's note: 

super short chapter but the grocery store idea popped into my head a while ago and i really wanted to write it down somewhere 

hope you have a great day! 

:)

word count: 552