78

Aridia and its neighbouring countries/regions

"What can I do to help?" I asked, turning to Kamwe, Ashley and Allegra

"What can she do to help?" Allegra turned to Kamwe, raising an eyebrow.

"Allegra," Carlos warned.

Allegra rolled her eyes, scoffing silently. I had no idea why she hated me so much, we had only just met.

I ignored Allegra, awaiting a response from Kamwe. I wasn't just going to stand around and "look pretty". I needed to make sure I did something to actually help, something to help topple Amancio's treasonous rule.

"Our main objective is to reclaim power in Aridia City, obviously," it was Ashley who spoke up. "But we also have to locate the captured Aridians- most importantly, Princess Barbara."

"I know the Dark Lords are keeping them in someplace called The Ground," I said, eager to help.

"Our sources on the mainland have provided us with this same information. But without a location, The Ground could mean anything. It's borderline useless," Allegra flouted.

Of course.

"Don't you think it's a code for something?" Brennon suggested.

"A code for somewhere underground," I agreed, turning to Carlos. "Does that sound familiar?"

Carlos studied the Aridian map on the table, his brows furrowed in concentration. "Centuries ago, when the Aridian army was battling invasion from the Argonauts, the Aridian army camped in underground bunkers- similar in style to the camp here. I wouldn't imagine the Dark Lords were using them though."

My eyes darted to Allegra, whose lips were pursed in a tight line.

"Why?" Ashley asked. "It makes a lot of sense, it's the last place they'd think we'd think of."

"The underground bunkers have been unused for years. I doubt they are habitable," Carlos responded.

"Unless," I thought aloud. "They never stopped using them. We were just made to think they so."