16 - Bruises

You had thought Regulus had pulled away bu,t you were miles from the truth. Once your eyes had finally opened you expected to see Regulus with a smug grin on his face standing opposite you but the reality was Sirius had grabbed a hold of his brother's collar and had pulled him away from you. The look in Sirius's eyes was something far from what you had seen before. It wasn't the loving long-expression you had seen from him in the cupboard or even the odd time you shared a glance in Potions together. This one was full of rage, anger, and even a hint of sadness. James could be seen too, he was doing his best to drag Sirius away from the mess he had created although that looked to be proving rather difficult with the growing number of the Slytherin Quidditch team slowly coming up behind them to get involved with the fight. 

Sirius raised his fist and collied it with his brother's face, the sheer force of his punch knocked him down onto the floor. Regulus wasn't built as Sirius was. He was slimmer and shorter than the boy whereas Sirius was leaner and had a considerably greater amount of muscle on him which evidently gave him a higher advantage. Regulus was lying in the dirt but his expression was still smug as he rolled over onto his back so he could taunt his brother. 

"You couldn't help yourself, could you?" Regulus sneered to his brother. "You always have to have something you can't have."

The older Black brother has breathing heavily at this point, his anger boiling over. Sirius grabbed his collar once again and punched him, ignoring his words. "You're lying to her." He finally spat. "Everything you've ever done is a lie." 

"Not to her." Sirius was about to land another punch when Jason Shelby, a Slytherin in your and Sirius's year grabbed both his arms and pulled him away, holding him in place. Regulus saw his chance, he wiped the blood from the side of his mouth before standing up and making his way opposite his brother. 

"You're using her!" Sirius spat, loud enough that you could hear his every word. 

"Sirius -" You inched closer not really knowing what to do but James came to your aid, he quickly stood beside you, holding his arm out in front of you, across you so you could step forward without him allowing you to. 

"Reg just drop it," James spoke up finally. 

"Shut it, Potter." Jason spat, still holding Sirius. Regulus smiled at the two of you, the look a menacing smile as he copied his brother's past actions and collied his fist with his brother's face bit he didn't stop there. He hit him again, and again, and again. Both you and James tried to come to his aid but the rest of the Slytherin team came to Regulus's defense, holding their wands out so the two of you were forced to watch. The pair of you could have fought back but you would have been heavily outnumbered which could have lead to far greater injuries but it was Sirius you were worried about. 

By this point Sirius's face was covered in red marks and forming bruises, blood spitting out of his mouth. His hair was stuck against his forehead, a few strands of hair free to fly around as the boy was punched continuously. 

"Regulus stop it!" You finally found your voice, yelling at the boy who'd just kissed you. Your voice pulled him out of his state for a second as he looked up and made eye contact with you. 

"Why?" Stepping back from Sirius he now took a step towards you, inching closer with every step he took. "He's trying to ruin what we have, ruin this and us. You don't want that do you?"

"(y/n)," Sirius huffed out, throwing his head back so he could look at you through his pain. "Please don't listen to him, he's lying." 

"Shut it you prat!" Jason screamed, kicking the back of his legs forcing him to the ground.

"Of course not but there's no need to hit him!" You snapped back at Regulus. You were fed up with all of them. At this point you didn't care if you were all outnumbered by the Quidditch team you withdrew your wand and held it to Regulus's neck, he only smiled at your actions.