✧ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ✧

The day felt so surreal with all the surreal things that happened. Ask Jin, he himself was as happy as if he had found himself a treasure. His joy just couldn't be controlled.

After sharing the warmest hug and shedding some tears, they settled on keeping this friendship of theirs safe and would grow mature by time to cherish each other equally.

With this being said, in return for those tasty donuts, Namjoon wanted to treat Jin like the old days when they would find each other in a local traditional Korean restaurant.

The table was filled with mouth watering cuisines, being rosé tteokbokki, skewers, soup dumplings and some hot bowl of ramyeons.

"You know exactly how to make me happy. This is something people can use to summon me." Jin joked as he admired the table, the aroma overflowing with temptation.

Namjoon chuckled at him, sitting next to him on the table of the restaurant as he looked at his side.

Jin had taken off his coat, looking perfectly in his white classic shirt rolled up to his elbows as he began slurping his noodles first.

"Yum! What's with the taste of these noodles?" Jin groaned and Namjoon looked up at him with concern.

"Huh? Is it bad?"

"No! it's Heaven!" Jin exclaimed dramatically and Namjoon couldn't hold back his laughter.

Jin was still the same.

"Everything seems pretty delicious. I can't wait to have it." Namjoon added, taking his chopsticks in his hands.

"It is. Anyway, I'm at a benefit today. This meal in return for some donuts is a bonus." Jin jokes, acting like some local middle class aunties, forgetting he was a doctor with a very good salary.

"It's okay. You owe me a meal if I ever come to Gwacheon." Namjoon said and Jin nodded, continuously eating everything he was having on the table.

"You may soon have to come. And yeah, don't forget to bring Jimin too. Taehyung will make sure of bringing him but I seriously wanna have you all together on my grand day." Jin said and Namjoon chuckled.

"Grand day? You're getting a promotion?" Namjoon asked unsure.

"Wish I could but this time it is something else." Jin began to say, casually putting his chopsticks down, looking at Namjoon with his full attention.

He didn't know how to express it, or how to say it directly but he didn't want to keep it either.

"I'm getting engaged."

Namjoon's smile disappeared gradually, replaced with a blank and amazed face.

"W-what? Engagement?" Namjoon asked, sounding highly surprised.

"Yes. Surprising isn't it?" Jin asked nervously, now looking away as the table was filled with silence for a while.

"Mom found her for me and we met many times after my mother insisted on me to. She's amazing and a surgeon too, this is why I'm trying to replace my hospital. I don't know what else to expect but I don't know how lucky I am to always find amazing people in my life." Jin then said on a serious note, looking at Namjoon sneakily with a bit of nervousness who was hearing him silently.

"I'm sorry I wanted to tell this earlier but you know it was difficult-"

"No, it's fine. It's completely fine now too. I actually didn't have any clue." Namjoon decided to say.

"Yeah, for now only Taehyung knows but I wanted to tell you too. This will be life changing to me and I don't want to keep any longer." Jin whispered, looking away and on the ground.