𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

002. 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

i groaned as i got up to get ready to work.

i felt something soft besides me and turn over to see luna and stella sleeping beside me. i smiled before heading over to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

i changed into my work uniform and headed over to the kitchen to feed the cats some food that would last most likely all day and grabbed a protein bar for breakfast since i had no time left to eat.

"goodbye babies, i'll be back soon." i cooed at my cats before shutting the door and heading over to my car.

i plug in my phone to the aux, putting on artic monkeys, and made my way to work.

as i pulled up into my parking spot and made my way into the back room my manager approached me.

"blair you're late"

"by like two minutes."

he sighed. "just get here a bit earlier next time."

"you got it boss." i fake smiled as i watched him go back to his office.

i left my items inside my locker and headed towards the cash register. i waited for someone to walk in, took their order, served them their food, they left, and repeat all day long.

i waved at the family that was just leaving and went back by the cashier to wait for the next customer.

i doodled on my arm for a while before the bell rung, indicating someone entered the restaurant.

i looked up to be met with a familiar set of green eyes.

"table for one please." he smiled.

i cleared my throat and grabbed a menu. "right this way sir."

"sir?" he scrunched up his nose. "don't you think that makes me sound, you know, old?"

"my apologies, i'm used to calling everyone sir by now." i said as i walked him to his table.

"well it's fine by me." he shrugged.

"but don't you think that makes you sound, you know, old?" i mocked what he had just said a couple seconds ago.

he rolled his eyes with a playful smile. "well are you going to tell me i can have a seat or am i going to have to just stand here all day?"

"geez, sorry." i rolled my eyes jokingly.

he looked at me and nodded his way at the table.

"you can have a seat." i slightly laughed as he sat and i handed him his menu.

"can i order now?" he looked up at me. "i know what i want."

"sure thing, what can i get for you?"

"a stack of pancakes with scrambled eggs on the side."

"will that be all for you today?"

"and a chocolate milk as well."

"got it, will be right up." i smiled and went back into the kitchen.

as i waited for the food i grabbed his chocolate milk.

"messina, an order of pancakes and scrambled eggs are ready."

"thanks john!" i yelled back at the chef and made my way to his table.

"an order of pancakes and eggs on the side with chocolate milk." i said as i reached his table.

"that was quick, thank you." he smiled again.

"if you don't mind me asking, why are you alone today?"

"oh, well, my friend nick went to north carolina to meet a friend but i stayed home alone so here i am."

i frowned at the sight of him being upset so i tried cheering him up. "well you have me here."

"well i don't even know your name."

"i'm blair."

he looked up at me. "i'm clay."

"clay?" i questioned. "that's different from what i've heard but i like it, it fits you somehow."

"well don't make fun of me or i'll go eat my food somewhere else." he glared jokingly before taking a bite out of his pancakes.

"no promises."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

🗒 ❛ AUTHORS NOTE ༉‧₊˚✧
9/18/21
TODAY I OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED THE BOOK :O