Chapter 8

Unedited 9/8/2021

One night on her way from work Jesreen's car started to make a funny sound and just shut off in the middle of the road. She was tired after a long week at work and now this!! She tried to start the car a few times, but it would not start. Not being able to hold back the tears she put her head on the wheel and started crying.

Kevin enjoyed his party, always does over the years but this one was different. He was on top of the world, he enjoyed Jesreen's company so much that if no one else had a turn up he would still enjoy himself. Not that it would tell the others that. He saw it with a smile on his face.

For the past month has been trying to get her to go out with him, but she keeps turning him down. He could tell she had a lot on her mind. He wishes he could help with whatever it was.

Kevin went to visit his brother and was on his way back. He and his wife just had a baby, his little niece. He wishes the baby was born the year he was there so he could spend more time with her, but it can't put off College he made a promise to his parents. So, in a few weeks, he will be starting college.

Having picked up his car at the little airport in town and was on his way home. He hoped he catches 'Sip&lick' before it closed, they would sometimes go overtime to accommodate their customers.

He hoped this is one of those nights because if not he was not going to catch them. About a quarter of a mile before he reaches 'Sip&lick' in noticed a car in the road, wondering what was going on he slowed down.

Almost reaching it, he noticed that it was Jesreen's car, her head was on the steering wheel. He felt his heart start racing, wondering what was wrong with her. He pulled over being her car and jumped out.

Jesreen was so caught up in her misery, she did not notice until she heard him slam his door behind himself. She looked up with tears running down her face.

  "What is wrong with you?" He asked, opening her door.
  "I'm ok."
  "No, you're not you're crying."      
  "Really, it is nothing, I was just a bit overwhelmed because my car shut off and I am tired after a long week of work, and I am all...." She stopped in the middle of the words.
  "It is okay," he pulled her in his arms wondering what you were going to say next.
  'I told you it was ok," she said laughing between tears.

He smiled at her and pulled her close again, she relaxed in his arms. She was about to tell him that she was all alone. She thought about confiding in him but as she thought about it you remember that was what caught up in this mess in the first place. well in the last place. Her mother getting deported was what got her into this position in the first place.

She turned to someone for Comfort, creating the last part of her problem.  She needs to stop thinking about it in that way 'her problem'. She pulled away and dried her eyes.                
  "Are you okay now?"
  "Yes, I am," she said trying to get her smiling in please.
  "Ok, I don't know much about cars but let me see if I can figure out what the problem is."

He opened the bonnet and looked in but with his very little knowledge about cars he had no idea what was wrong, He was about to let Jesreen do this when a van pulled up. 
  "What have we here, you young ones okay?" Jesreen explains the noise she heard in the car just stopped. 

The man looks at his watch.
  "I can't stop to look at it but I'm sure my boys won't have a problem helping you get it out of the road tomorrow your mechanic can come and have a look. The young men in the back of the van help Kevin get the car on the side of the road. They locked up the car and Kevin gave her a lift home. He had to turn about half of a mile, but he did not mind it all. 

It's a good thing tomorrow will be Sunday and you don't have to go to work, I will have Mr. Reid come and take a look at it for you.

"Thank you so much I appreciate that. I hope you will be able to fix it tomorrow, hope it is not going to be anything big." she hoped she did not have to go in her baby/ College money.
  "Will you please join the guys and me for ice cream tomorrow I will pick you up?"

A/N
The next chapter is here once more thank you all for all the reads and all the votes.  I'm so excited I have been ranked #6 in start over. I could not do this on my own, once more thank you all. ♥♥♥♥