𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

You walked up to the young girl who was with Zenitsu and Inosuke

You walked up to the young girl who was with Zenitsu and Inosuke. Zenitsu was sitting on a bench under a cherry blossom tree and Insouke was headbutting it. The young child was looking at Tanjiro's box holding Nezuko inside with a curious face. When she noticed your presence behind her, she looked up at you with her dark metallic grey eyes, pointing to the box.

"What's in that?" She questioned.

"Oh, umm, it's nothing to worry about. Just some things we need to carry around." You uttered as you rubbed the back of your neck with a shy smile.

"But, I heard something move in there. And it didn't sound normal." said the young girl.

Oh crap what do I say?

"There's a demon inside, isn't there?"

Both you and Tanjiro's eyes widened. How did she know about demons? No one really believed in demons. Said they were just myths.

"How did you—"

"I heard the blonde man talking about it with the other man with the boar mask." You both looked up at the two with a 'really?' look on your faces.

"HEY I DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS EAVESDROPPING!" Zenitsu cried out waving his hands around. Inosuke paid no attention whatsoever and just kept on hitting his head against the tree.

He's gonna get a very bad concusion some time in his life if he keeps on doing that. You thought.

"Y-Yes. There is a demon inside... just, please don't say anything." Tanjiro ushered to the girl. Hoping she wouldn't say a word to anyone.

"I won't. But... why would you carry a demon around? Aren't they bad?" She asked.

"Yes... some are," You came in, "But the demon with us is actually a good demon. She would never hurt you or any humans."

The girl hesitantly nodded her head.

"How do you know about demons? Most people don't believe in them. They say they're just myths or legends."

"My family was killed by a demon."

Your eyes widened as well as Tanjiro, and Zenitsu. Just hearing that made your heart sink and shatter into a million pieces. A girl at this age shouldn't have to experience something like that. Perhaps this is the same demon that they are looking for. Maybe you should ask about it. You knew it would be a hard topic to bring up, especially for someone her age, but it would be the only way to figure out more keys to knowing the demon lurking here. You sat onto the bench as well as Tanjiro next to you.

"I know this is a hard thing to bring up and ask, but, can you tell us what happened?"

She held her hands together over her chest. She looked down at the ground, unsure if she wanted to or not.