Chapter 42

"I'm not doing it," Leona said as she walked through the halls of the castle, books in her hands and twins by her sides, though this time she wished they weren't.

"Please, Lena! Pretty, pretty of the prettiest of pleases," George begged.

"Not happening. Nope," she said, not even looking at them.

"Rosalee if you love me, you'll do it. Please."

She glared at Fred.

"If anything, that sentence makes me not want to do it more."

"Now look what you've done!" George whined to his brother. "Lena, please. There is no one better at Potions in our year. What can we do to make you say yes?"

"There is nothing that you can do to make me say yes. I will not have you two die in this stupid competition because of me."

"Leona please!" they both begged as they got on their knees in front of her, stopping her from walking anywhere.

People stared at them strangely as she sighed heavily.

"Fine! If it shuts you up, I'll make the bloody ageing potion. But I swear, if one of you two idiots die on me-"

"No dying! We swear!" Fred promised as he jumped to his feet with a big smile on his face.

"Absolutely none of it. Dying? I don't know the meaning of the word," George agreed and she rolled her eyes as she kept walking.

"Idiots. Absolute idiots."

******************************************************************

"HAHA! YEAH!"

"YES!"

The twins cheered as they ran into the great hall, holding up clear vials in their hands triumphantly as people clapped, Leona trailing behind them with an annoyed look on her face as she spotted Hermione and took a seat next to her.

"Well lads, we've done it!" George boasted as they high-fived younger students.

"Had it cooked up just this morning," Fred explained.

"It's not going to work," Hermione sang, Leona smiling at the girl.

"That's what I've been telling them all morning."

"Oh yeah?" Fred asked as he and his twin crouched down on either side of the younger girl, Fred sticking his head between Hermione and Leona.

"And why's that Granger?" George asked.

"You see this? This is an Age Line. Dumbledore drew it himself," she explained as she pointed to the mystical ring that surrounded the Goblet of Fire, the ring Cedric had just passed to put his name through.

"So?" Fred asked and Hermione scoffed as she closed her book.

"So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim-witted as an aging potion," she said.

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant," George said.

"Because it's so pathetically dim-witted,' Fred said as they stood, both of them shaking the vials as Leona had instructed them to do earlier.

"Leave them. There's no reasoning with them," Leona said to Hermione who sighed.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George."

"Bottoms up," they chorused as they linked their arms and downed the potion before jumping past the Age Line.

"Yes!" they cheered, their voice growing in volume as the people in the hall cheered for them.

"Ready?" they asked each other in unison as they hefted pieces of parchment with their names on them.

And Leona held her breath as they threw them in.

And even though she didn't agree with this, she did exhale in relief when nothing happened, and people began to cheer.

At least that was before plumes of blue fire burst from the goblet and hit the twins, blasting them backwards.

And when they sat up, they found themselves growing beards, their hair going from bright red to a dull grey as the ageing potion worked a bit too well.

"You said!" Fred blamed.

"You said!" George blamed before they jumped on top of each other, everyone else encouraging the fight as Leona only sighed at the idiots she loved, though seriously questioned why at this moment.

"Shouldn't you go and stop them?" Hermione asked and Leona shrugged.

"They deserve a little pain as penance for not listening."

Hermione gave Leona a small smile before opening her book again, but the chanting stopped despite the twins still fighting as Viktor Krum walked into the hall.

With his jaw set, he marched past the Age Line as he reached up and dropped a piece of paper in.

But as he turned around, his eyes landed on Hermione for a split second, the girl giving him a kind smile and a smirk grew on Leona's lips.

"Wouldn't think he was your type 'Mione," Leona said as she nudged the girl.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Hermione said as she blushed, burying her nose in her book again.

"If you say so," Leona said as she nudged the girl once more, Hermione smiling as Leona walked over to the twins, pulling out her wand and people moved out of her way.

"Petrificus Totalus," she said as she waved it and the twins' wrestling bodies froze. "I genuinely do not have the words to describe what idiots you two are. You better hope Madam Pomfrey can fix you. You especially Freddy. I'm not kissing you otherwise," she said, the crowd going,

"Ohhh."

"Levicorpus."

And the twins were levitated into the air as Leona took them to the hospital wing, the act only reinforcing the message that you really shouldn't mess with Leona Black.