SIXTY 🌸

MOVIE NIGHT under the stars seemed like a nice idea until the bugs started eating me alive while Nemo kept on swimming

People had comfortable mats, blankets, popcorn and soda but still complained because Principal Moore wouldn't let them watch an x-rated horror movie instead. Everyone except Arlo that is, who was happy with Finding Nemo because it was 'easy' whatever that meant.

The tartan blanket smelt like fabric softener and had a fine knit texture. It kept me warm, the cool springtime evening air was unable to penetrate through the fleecy fibres.

Beneath the blanket I felt his hand inching closer to mine. At first his skin brushed up against my own and if I thought the blanket was keeping me warm, I was wrong.

His barely countable touch made my insides fuzzy and heated. But the clownfish on the oversized projector screen took up all of his focus, so the hand graze was obviously unintentional.

However, now it was all I could think about. His hand. It was millimetres away from my own. I could feel the heat coming from his body, like a magnetic pull.

I wanted to hold his hand. I wanted to hold his hand and watch the dumb movie together. I wanted to hide our interlocked fingers beneath the blanket like they were our own little secret sin.

He laughed at the movie and then bit back his smile. It was the smallest expression but it was sexy as fuck. God he was so effortlessly attractive, what was he doing wasting his time next to me?

My heart nearly combust when I felt his fingers caress mine again, soft, warm and tingly. It felt magical and exciting.

He glanced at me, his cheeks a little blushed and then smiled coyly. I smiled back and he took that as his opportunity to take my hand into his own, binding together our clammy palms and interlocking our fingers.

I felt like every single person could see my glow. It was bright enough to light up the dark. Like this, right here is what true happiness felt like.

I was holding a boys hand.
No, I was holding Arlo's hand.

Once the movie wrapped up Principal Moore sent us all back to the cabins. We detached our hands but Arlo still followed me back to my cabin even though Jordan had distinctly told him no.

He stripped down to his boxer shorts the second he got in and sat up leaning against my headboard with the ivory sheet clinging around his waist.

"I really liked tonight." He smiled shyly which in return made me smile shyly.

"Me too." I admitted. "Your dad said you couldn't stay here." His smile fell.

"You don't want me to stay here?"

"That's not what I said, he-"

"He says a lot of things Blossom, you gotta ignore him sometimes."