ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ sɪᴅᴇ

╭──────────╮
❝Oh no, I'm not crazy. I prefer the term mentally hilarious.❞
╰──────────╯

"What are you doing here?"

The heads turned to owner of the voice. Two of them recognized the face while the rest looked dumbfounded. Yuji almost broke into tears when he saw him, he was back.

"Junpei...?"

The said boy smiled and waved his hand, "It's nice to see you again, Itadori kun." Yuji quickly made his way to the black haired boy and stood in front of him, not knowing how to react. He simply put his hands on Junpei's shoulders, "You really returned back to live." Yuji expressed while smiling, his eyes were a bit glossy as he was trying to hold back the tears. Junpei nodded his head, "Yes, it's thanks to Y/N sama. She really helped me a lot." He said, looking down while smiling shyly.

"Now that you mentioned it, where is she right now?" Nobara asked with one hand on her hip. And just as if in cue, Y/N walked in...

"Oh, I thought I locked my shop."

She said while smiling like an idiot, "Whatever, welcome everyone! I apologize for my absence, I was helping Junpei train." She cheerfully said while opening her arms in greeting manners. The sorcerers looked down, remembering the events they saw in her memory book which made Y/N look confused at them, "What's the matter? Why all down and gloomy?" Yuji didn't waste any time and threw himself at Y/N, wrapping his arms in a hug, "I'm sorry Y/N san!" He whispered while burying his face in her shoulder. She could hear low sobs escaping his mouth which made her wrap her arms around his back, "It's alright, Yu chan." Y/N comforted him while rubbing his back, "Just like Vincent..."

"We are all sorry, Y/N san. We actually..." Megumi trailed off, holding Y/N's journal in his hands. She frowned slightly but quickly covered it with her smile, "It's okay, I have nothing to hide anymore." Yuji pulled away and looked at her with bloodshot eyes, "Why didn't you tell me everything, Y/N san? I thought we are friends!" At his question, she sighed.

"I never wanted to remember any of those memories anymore."

Silence...

Y/N noticed the dark shadow on their faces, so she decided to lighten up the mood, "Come on now everyone, it's all in the past. It's nothing to worry about." Out of anger, Yuji grabbed Y/N by the collar.

"Don't say that! All of those horrible events you went through! The loss of your family, the torture, the death of your lover and close friend! All of those are enough to break anyone!"

Y/N put her hand on Yuji's head and moved her hair away from her eyes. He looked up at her and his eyes widened in shock to see her smile, but it was a sad smile, "It doesn't matter anymore Yuji, I can't change the past, but I still have a chance to change my future." She then walked in, approaching the other sorcerers who were quiet most of the time, "All those years I was only searching for things to satisfy my curiosity about human beings. I did horrible things only to fulfill my desire for knowledge. I ended up stepping over the boundaries of existence. I worked with hospitals for free just to get human bodies so I can study them. This obsession made believe that I was never a good person." She went quiet, waiting for their reactions.

"In my opinion, you're never considered as a bad person, Y/N san. You actually earned my respect toward you." Nanami started, breaking the silence, "You saved my life two times and for that I thank you so much." He finished, bowing slightly.

"You helped me and Megumi to train." Nobara spoke up, smiling and giving her a thumb up, "That was a great help from you." Megumi agreed, giving a small smile.