Chapter 13 - Overthinking...

"That I'm a little crazyI like to get a little wavyTo get away, get away from hereI bang on drums when it's silentTalk to myself when in private"

I like to get a little wavy
To get away, get away from here
I bang on drums when it's silent
Talk to myself when in private"

- Alexi Mali ~ Crazy Eyes

EMPRESS

I sat down at the head of the table flipping through the binder Mathew had handed me.

We were in a meeting room at the mansion which I just got info about. It seems my father was a busy man and hated leaving his house and would prefer to have a meeting home.

At least that's what Rosa told me.

"Ice tea?" Rosa asked as I thanked her before nodding my head.

"Is there anything you like?" he questions Matthew question pushing his glasses up.

Although I've only known Matthew for some time somehow trust him.

Maybe it's because he's doing all the dirty work but I do feel that he's hiding something from me but hell I don't care.

"What do you think Alissa?" I asked.

I had dragged her to this meeting seeing how she'll be my manager at my restaurant she was reluctant at first but she finally gave it and understood.

"The place is amazing but the interior design needs a little work," she inputs looking at the binder.

"I'll have good look at that, Ms. Martin," Matthew smiled.

"As for the company sales and so I've asked King to investigate," he stated making my heart warmed at the mention of his name.

I bit my lip nodding, ignoring the smug look on Alissa's face.

________
THIRD POV
_________

"Mister King, sir I can assure you that I wasn't the one who stole from the company", Jester rambled as his arms were tied tightly to the wooden chair.

He looked up towards the man, JongWoo(King) who stood before him wearing black fitted pants with some combats boots while his upper body was fully bare.

His tattoos and toned muscles are on full display while his black-gloved hands are held tightly onto the metal bat.

"Jester, you don't think I know that?" Jester sighed in relief but immediately looked up at King in confusion.