Chapter Ten

Henley

Henley

I woke up to Bennett nearly suffocating me, his leg hooked over my waist, his arm over my throat, his hair tickling my ear from where his head was tucked into my neck. It was unbearably hot. His skin felt clammy against mine.

Is he a furnace? I thought to myself as I tried to kick the comforters off so I could breathe.

My thighs ached and I made a face. Why were my legs so sore— "Ah," I said, remembering how tightly I'd wrapped them around Bennett's waist.

Bennett stirred beside me and he raised his head, staring at me blearily.

"Morning," I said.

"Morning," he mumbled before closing his eyes again and putting his face back into my neck.

I adjusted my arm so I could run my fingers through his hair. "Tired?"

"Mm."

I felt around with my other hand for my phone to check the time. A little past ten. "Should we get up?"

"No," he said, pulling me closer to him.

I smiled. Sleepy Bennett was cute. I leaned down to kiss his head and he immediately turned his chin up, waiting expectantly. I pressed my lips to his quickly and tried to pull away, but his hand went to the back of my head, holding me in place so he could deepen the kiss. He pushed himself up on his elbow so he could roll on top of me, pressing me down into the mattress.

I wrapped my arms around his back, appreciating the feeling of his weight on top of me. "We promised Lee and Henry we would go plant shopping with them today."

"They only want the space in my car," Bennett mumbled into my neck. "And only those two want to make a day trip out of shopping for plants."

"I think it sounds fun."

"Staying in bed with you all day sounds more enjoyable." He pushed himself up so we could be face-to-face. "I'll make it worthwhile for you."

I put my hands on his cheeks. "Is that so?"

"I'll do that thing you like. For hours."

I blushed and pressed harder on his cheeks, making his lips purse out. He made a startled noise and pulled back. "Oh, sorry," I said, sitting up as he rolled off me. "Your offer is tempting, but I actually want to buy some plants for my place, too."

Bennett pouted a bit. "Fine." Then he smiled. "Well, at least I still get to be with you today. I'm content with that."

I stared at him for a moment. Then I threw myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck, knocking him back down into the bed. "You're really cute, Bennett. How is it possible you're cute and handsome at the same time?"